
Comin' soon! Aye, soon it be your chance t' participate in t' tenth annual Talk Like A Pirate Day! Ok, so t' first seven years were nothin' special, but now it's a major event and you don't want t' miss it! `Tis easier than ye think... when September 19 comes, jus' grab yer trusty shipmate keyboard an' get started.

A must-have for "Talk Like A Pirate Day"... the pirate's official keyboard
I know ye`re now askin'... jus' what`s in 't fer me? Why would I want t' talk like a swashbuckler? Won`t I jus' look like an idiot?
Well... lasses love seafarin' heartys. Jus' eyeball all th' busty lasses in seafarin' hearty movies. Do th' lasses around ye look like that? I didna think so. (We`ll ignore th' fact that ye dasn't look like th' hunky seafarin' heartys in th' movies either.)
In fact talkin' like a seafarin' hearty gives ye some great pick-up line options... check these ou' fer size (from th' Talk Like A Pirate Day website):
10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
8. Come on up and see me urchins.
7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
2. Well blow me down?
And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
1. Prepare to be boarded.
Now tell me that yer normal lines would work that well? I didna think so! An' when September 19 be past, please let me know how they worked. :)

6 comments:
LMAO!
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today....Wench!
Lara,
This pirate talk shit is really freaking me out!
Not to say I don't think it's cool or anything...
The cannon in the port-hole thing was nice visually. Further more, if anybody tried to pick me up with the chum line, I'd have to laugh obnoxiously and sneeze on them.
But hey, do you have your eye-patch and peg leg on when you do this?
Let me know. I *heart* your blog.
hehe...Arrrgh! I be ready, matey...Maybe... :S
Hehe, see how much fun this can be? ;)
Thanks Top_cat! And for the record, at my age, I take "wench" as a compliment! hehe
I dunno Jason, that one's kinda corny... but if it works for you, go for it! :D
Everything_Nice... my "eye-patch" is actually a blindfold. As for my peg-leg.. well it's actually a third leg, attached to someone else. I just borrow it. Or sometimes I use a removable one from my nightstand. *wink*
Myssa, from what I hear, you're ALWAYS ready. :D
conq... LMAO @ hornswagglin' rogue. I never knew Myssa had a horn... thought that was theRock's job. ;) As for glue & school desks... I think I've got pics of them. In fact I know I do. But I never did anything in school like I do in those pics. hehe
For the record, I'm not talking like a pirate YET... it's not Sept 19th yet.
Awwww didn't mean to miss base. I guess I got so flustered by him calling me his wench... and then all the other compliments... *panting*
give me a minute to collect myself...
Very funny, Matey! I'd type more in pirate, but I don't have much brain power left for the day! :-) This was a great post, really made me laugh, especially that keyboard! ARRRRRG
Post a Comment