Monday, September 19, 2005

Avast, ye hearties



`Tis here! I knew ye wouldna want t' miss 't, so I thought I`d post a quick reminder that today is Talk Like a Pirate Day. Ye can read me earlier post HERE.

Fer them o' ye who be challenged, HERE'S
a wee bit o' help ye might be interested in tryin'.

An' fer th' sake o' equality, a wee list o' pickup lines fer th' lasses t' try:

10. What are YOU doing here?
9. Is that a belayin' pin in yer britches, or are ye ... (this one is never completed)
8. Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
7. So, tell me, why do they call ye, "Cap'n Feathersword?"
6. That's quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
5. Aye, I guarantee ye, I've had a twenty percent decrease in me "lice ratio!"
4. I've crushed seventeen men's skulls between me thighs!
3. C'mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
2. RAMMING SPEED!

...and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:

1. You. Pants Off. Now!


Aye. I like that one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't resist #1 no matter have hard I try. Do you use #8 on the pizza delivery boy?

Myssa said...

Aye, ya use every line in ye ol' book on ye pizza delivery lad...

Anonymous said...

ahhh lara, you be soundin a wee bit like a cute little leprechun than a sea-farin wench.

Angelaaaaaa said...

Talk like a pirate day????
Whatever next...I've never heard of it.
Guess we dont have it in Oz

Zephyr said...

Ang, EVERYONE has talk like a pirate day. It's international! Just do it. Sept 19 is over, but you can always practice for next year! :)

Top Cat... a leprechaun? how the heck do you spell that anyway? LOL Actually I mostly cheated & used that "translation" page I linked to. So blame the author of that page, not me! ;)

Hey Horsn. You. Pants off. Now! (Did it work? Got proof?) :D

Anonymous said...

the spelling, actually I cheated and used word perfect but it was somehow umm "lost in translation".lol

aye matey, the author eh?
I'll tie um to the mast and throw his parts to the sharks..arr arr are.

Now you did it, you made me raise my voice and scare my parrot..great look there matey, bird poop on the shoulder of the scarey pirate guy.