Saturday, October 08, 2005

Introducing Peppermint



Patches has a new companion. Her name is Peppermint. We hope they become friends.

Patches was pretty happy to see a new guinea pig when we introduced them today, squeaking and purring for the first time since Buttons died last Sunday. Peppermint wasn't quite as thrilled.

They are still jockeying on who gets to be queen of the cage, but I think they'll do well together once they settle in.

Current reports from the kids state that Patches prefers country music and Peppermint likes rock music. Must be the age difference or something!

Isn't she cute? :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that has to be the shortest grieving time on the planet(LOL)but as you said last week, if left alone patches could die of loneliness.

Kids gotta luv um, they often put things in perspective don't they?

peppermint is very cute and I think she's a very lucky guinea pig to have found such a nice home.

Zephyr said...

Well they are still grieving, but it's easier for all of us to only grieve Buttons and not worry about Patches so much as well. The worry was making it a lot worse for all of us.

Anonymous said...

I know we were worried about Bunny when his wifey died.
They had been together for seven years.

I had thought about getting him a mate but the thought of another animal was too much.

I'm afraid he's getting close to the big carrot in the sky, lookin really old and I'm afraid this winter may be his last.

Do any knitting? perhaps a turtle neck with Notre Dame on it would do.LOL

WarriorM said...

Great news for the kids! Peppermint is a cutie and I really like her name!

Angelaaaaaa said...

Awwwwww cute Lara....having Peppermint as a new addition to the family will make grieving Buttons easier but I know you and the kids will never forget her..

Anonymous said...

I'd like to apologize for my first comment, it doesn't read like I was thinking.

I'm sure the kids still feel grief over losing Buttons.Our pets are like sponges which absorb our love and memories and when we cuddle them it's all returned.

I like to think of pets as givers of unconditional love which sadly we as humans often fail to achieve.

As a famous Vulcan once said "Peppermint, live long and prosper".