I don't understand this whole thing about Cogent and Level 3 Communications, but I sure wish they'd learn to play nicely. And it's so helpful (not!!) that the Level 3 Communications website totally ignores the entire issue, considering that I can't access any Cogent sites any more to see their statements.
All I really know is... when I can't get to jmeeting on demand, I get grumpy!
Dammit, someone had better fix the internet!
11 comments:
huh?
I would help you but mine has been broke on and off too. Yesterday was a disaster. Good thing I have not made my way to the jmeeting site or I suspect I would be distraut too.
I have a nice shinney hammer if it helps. If not maybe we can find a big nasty old sledge!
dwpig=da pig, could be describing the two internet companies.
*pout*
All I really wanted was donut holes. They're kinda like little balls... you know, the kind Cogent has and I need in order to be able to get to jmeeting.
*sigh*
And I just thought I was stupid before, now I KNOW. Gee thanks.
LOL basically it just means these two companies fragmented the internet a bit. If you try to connect to certain sites that would use one of their networks and you're on the other network, you'll time out or get some other sort of error that would tell you the site doesn't exist. It's like someone cut the cable to that part of the internet.
So when I try to go to jmeeting I get a "timed out" error. For Cogent communications, I get a "not found" error.
I hope they kiss & make up soon. Or in Base's terms... get their asses out of the dugout and play ball!
"Our goal is to have this problem go away, whether through Level 3 reconsidering or their customers coming to us," Schaeffer said.
This statement doesn't bode well for a quick resolve. Sure missin' that sexy gal on JMeeting! Maybe Jmeeting will get another path to the net.
Dunno if those problems are locally. Jmeeting seems to work allright from here.
Anyway I haven´t been very active online - time seems to have disapeared altogether and entering this site http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm kinda finalize my internet activity - LOL.
Upps - the above comment was mine forgot to sign my name.
-Digi
I got nothin'.
Well for once here in Oz I have no problems...touch wood...usually Im the first to get them...
Yeah, some users from Australia had (maybe still have) this issue. It's not a JMeeting Issue, you should communicate with your ISP... for some of our Australian users it's now better of fixed...
Good luck
Post a Comment