
How many times have you been asked lately if you have all your shopping done? If you're like me, you hear that question almost daily.
Done? You mean I'm supposed to have started already? I'm too busy to shop!
Besides, what do you get a 13 year old who insists he wants money to put toward an x-box? I'm thinking money to put toward an x-box... but that seems so... dull! I did get a personal CD player for another kid at least... and a pair of starter earrings will be an easy stocking stuffer for the daughter.
OMG I forgot to order her outfit online! I wonder if it will get here in time or if she'll get a catalog picture for Christmas.
Oh well, I'm doing ok I guess. I'm still digging for inspiration, but at least I've got a few other easy items in mind to pick up yet. Socks and underwear DO make good stocking stuffers, right?
6 comments:
i'm not as stressed about gift buying because we're travelling on the plane this year, so we've all agreed to not buy/give more than nominal presents until after christmas (whoo hoo - sale time!)
> Besides, what do you get a 13 year old who insists he wants money to put toward an x-box?
get him an x-box software catalogue or two to go with the cash (they're free). get him an x-box gaming magazine (or two). get a set of store flyers so he can price compare - then tell him they're sold out right now and he'll get a better price after christmas anyway.
print out a few game reviews and a cheats page.
what will make him the most thrilled is that you give enough of a shit about what he cares about to approach his headspace.
(can you tell i have a 14 year old...?)
> what do you get a 13 year old who insists he wants money to put toward an x-box?
oops, forgot
if you have any ideas about the music he likes, you could burn him a multi-artist CD or two (if that's legal in your neck of the woods)
give the kid money to go towards the x-box but put it in a box inside a box which is inside another box..you get the idea.
Then throw in a few fun gifts for under the tree.
yours truly,
Santa
Socks and underwear sounds fine. Oh wait, maybe not for a kid.
How about the money (why fight it) and find a real old game console that you can rap the money in with. Pretend that is what you thought he wanted. I know, mean.
You'll figure it out.
Yeah, those make great stocking stuffers. At least my mom thought so. I always thought it funny when I dumped my stocking and underware, oranges and walnuts fell out.
One good thing about waiting until the last minute is you haven't already bought the kid's first Santa request and now he's changed his mind. Looks like my dad will be getting an mp3 player. So what's a psp?
its almost over. just lay back and enjoy it. 13 year olds love money and pictures of naked women. At least that is what this 46 year old liked when he was 13.
Post a Comment