Monday, December 05, 2005

Motivational Monday

Today I need my own motivating. Too much to do, not enough energy to do it... so here goes nothing...

Ok, self, time to get that lazy ass out of your PJ's and into some clothes and get stuff done! So what if you have a cold, you only work half-time so you have it easy. Look at all the other people coughing out there who don't get to laze around in the morning after the kids are off to school!

Look at the bright side - at least that work project you were really hating has been delayed, so other than your timesheet there are no firm deadlines to deal with today. And your carpool today has only one kid that isn't your own... you can tolerate that much, right? And if you hurry, you can get all those checks in the bank today and actually have money to pay the bills PLUS some left over!

So 5 more minutes of coughing, then it's worktime. NO ARGUMENTS! And once you get your November timesheet submitted (assuming you get it done before the deadline) we'll allow you a break for some fun, deal?

Deal.

Oh wait. Which one of us gets to decide what "break for some fun" means? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a very nice motivational monday post Lara.

I did all my motivating yesterday, christmas lights, spent time trying to eliminate drafts and the like to ward off Ol Man Winter.

Ok, you motivated me enough to get dinner going for the wifey and I, thanks.

Tc

Zephyr said...

I even motivated myself a little at the same time, TC! I DID get my timesheet done an hour before the deadline, so I let myself disconnect from work for a bit before going to the real work duties. :)

Yaakov, my problem is having too many fun ideas and not enough fun time to do them in! But I'm always ready to hear more fun ideas too! :)