I took the daughter shopping and dropped her off at a birthday party before I returned home. We were gone about a half hour or so, while the boys were home on their own.
When I got home, Kid #1 wasn't around... nothing new, he likes to hide in the basement or his closet to be alone, so I didn't think anything of it.I went upstairs and found him in our bedroom. Again, nothing new... except for this time. Instead of reading on our bed, he was kneeling next to it. The top drawer of hubby's nightstand was in front of him, with the contents spread across the bed.
Contents of the drawer include the following:

As I walked into the room, he turned to me and said, "I think dad's got some explaining to do."
I struggled to keep from laughing out loud as I answered, "That's fine, you can ask dad to explain it later. But I'd appreciate if you don't go through the drawers in our bedroom."
He apparently was looking for more "Dilbert" books. I pointed out the bookshelf for future reference. And as far as I know, dad still hasn't been asked to explain.
I'm just incredibly relieved that he got into his dad's nightstand instead of mine!
14 comments:
This has been a worry in my house, but I think I have my son trained not to go into it. Now the pic of your drawer makes me want to explore in it. ;)
Lara your son is growing up I really liked his quip about an explaination.
I too have worried about this, having two girls myself. I remember finding my mother's drawer of pleasure and hope to hell that my girls never find my stuff.
Obviously the hubby has two nightstands. That couldn't be yours...
The worst I ran into was my Dads stash of magazines that he kept by the furnace. I never was one to go into my parents bedroom to much. I would have hated to see something like that. Parents are not suppose to do things like that... :)
i thought his answer was pretty quick - smart kid, handled an answer under pressure darn well
----
i used to rifle through my parents stuff all the time
if he is anything like me he was just checking all your shit out
he's probably been on your side already lara...
you know how you occasionally ask if you readers if they have any ideas about pictures or series that you should post
the picture of your nightstand drawer certainly caused at least one idea to cross my mind...
i'm talking about the lingerie, of course
Now that is CLASSIC stuff! I don't think dad's gonna have a talk with son. If I was the detective son I'd live for days with a huge grin on my face, knowing what I'd found.
Ditto on your drawer. He went there too...this much I know!
I have a secret stash I hope to KEEP secret until Buddha's at LEAST 15. Please God don't let him find it!
That is pretty funny. BTW - he looked in your drawer, he just didn't pull all the stuff out.
LOL, I doubt he got into my drawer. Yet. No guarantees of course, but I honestly doubt I was gone long enough for him to get into both of them. And mine is on the far side of the room, way back in a corner. His father's is far more accessible so it is the logical place to begin.
We now lock our bedroom door when we leave home! He's a good kid and is obviously growing up, but I still prefer that he stay out of my drawers! LOL
thats funny as hell
son got some explaining to do too
*L* are you sure he wasn't in yours first?
LMFAO!!!!
Sorry it's taken me foreverrrrrrrr to get over here to visit you, girl. But, now I'm here. woo hoo! ;D
Very funny. You need a fake pillow that hold you goodies.
"Dad's got some explaining to do?" -- LOL! You have a brilliant son there, intelligent enough to see the humour in the situation and mature enough to maintain his cool after getting caught going through all the adult stuff.
I shouldn't laugh and be so proud of your son though, because I'm sure I'll be beside myself in about 12 years when my own son starts his discoveries in our home . . .
i hate to have to ask this, but what the hell is that pink thing? Is that what i think it is? You have John Bobbit's penis, don't you! Why, I'll bet you got that on eBay didn't you - what a steal!
Post a Comment