I made a purchase over the weekend, and I learned something pretty scary. Apparently my remaining lifetime is only 90 days.This morning, I sent the following email to the Maxell Corporation:
I guess a lifetime just isn't what it used to be.Over the weekend, I bought a pair of stereo neckband head buds, model NB-HB-210. In two different locations, the packaging prominently stated, "Lifetime Warranty", in English, French, and Spanish. On the back it added, "Details Inside".
When I opened the packaging to read the details, the warranty paper reads, "Maxell warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days from the original purchase."
I hope you don't know something about my remaining lifespan that I don't know. You may want to consider revising your packaging, to at least note that this product is hazardous to the customer's longevity.
Sincerely,
I'm hoping they may decide to put me on death row instead. From what I read, that gives you at least 10 years in Texas. I have to assume other states aren't a lot more efficient.
At least it's better than 90 days.



8 comments:
I hope for your sake it's just false advertising. :)
lol M@ me too! I'm waiting to see if they answer my email.
I have sent a mad email before that I regret sending once I sent it. I got a polite reply. Now this was a different company but I bet it will be thank you for investing in our product and ... you didn't by that on credit, did you? They will want to make sure it is all payed up.
LMAO Barman, I never thought of the credit issue! Fortunately it was under $10 so I could afford to pay upfront... or perhaps unfortunately, because they may have extended my lifetime if I hadn't?
An interesting forum today...Hopefully the whole "Lifetime" thing can be extended...
I was looking up a few other Death penalty facts...
1) Texas is seeking to limit appeals of death row inmates in cases where that act is witnessed by three or more reliable eye witnesses...
2) Nebraska is seeking to limit appeals for Death row inmates. period.
3) Of the 38 states and the U.S. Military and the U.S. Government who all use the death penalty, The state of Nebraska is the only one who does not use lethal injection, they use only electrocution...
Ok, That's all I got...Lara... Fear Not...If anything happens to you, we'll march on Maxell...
Hmmm... 90 days, eh?
Those LIARS!!!! lol
the only lifetime warranty that i ever encountered that was actually homoured without needing proof of purchase receipts and all that kind of thing was Zwilling J.A. Henckels knives
if you send a damaged knife in they will send a new one back
period
other than the hassle of doing the shipping and the covering letter - nothing else
they get a damaged knife, you get a new one back
----
90 days
so, at the end of July I'm going to have to find a new blog to come to every day?
so young...
Damn the fine print!!!!! Im sure you will have much more then 90 days. Im not an attorney(But I did play one on tv once), but if it clearly states lifetime warranty on the outside, and 90 days on the inside, i think you have a very good case.
Post a Comment