
My friend Oldhippichick likes wildflowers too. She recently mentioned saving wildflowers... moving them so they are in a safer location to survive.

I want to do that. We hope to move in the next few years, and one thing that I will miss is our yard. We don't have a lawn. We have a yard.
A lawn is carefully maintained. It begins by tilling up the area, planting just the right type of grass seed, and is maintained with periodic applications of weedkillers and fertilizer, and frequent mowings (whether it needs it or not).
A yard is what you get when you mow over whatever was there before you mowed, and it is maintained by mowing every 2 or 3 weeks. Or so. No one mows a yard unless absolutely necessary. Why waste the time?

Some people love their lawns. They take pride in them. Me? I like my yard. And the surprises I can find there. Like the spring wildflowers.
My daughter asked me the other day if our new place would have "banana flowers" too. That's what she calls this next flower... because it looks like a banana before it opens. She likes them as much as I do, and frequently enjoys taking my camera outdoors to shoot pictures such as this one.

I told her that it probably wouldn't unless we took them along. I think I might... I'm sure future owners will consider them weeds.
18 comments:
I'm more the let's leave no doubt about where the tulips are located kinda gardener myself. :)
LOL Wenchy, don't worry, my garden is weeded where it needs to be. No one that I've let in to see the garden has had any difficulty locating the tulips so far. ;)
Looks good to me :) HHNT
Lovely....brilliant HNT, I think I smell tulips
Me likey them fuzzy. Nice and soft on the nose. HHNT!
Very nice. Love the red. HHNT!
I think the lawn is fine the way it is. :) Cheers and Happy HNT!
Never ever ever mow your lawn. And don't mow the ouytside lawn either :)
I like it that way too!
Happy HNT, great pic.
I love the lawn and have no problems with the bush or the tulips. Great pics!! Happy HNT!
whoa! caught me off guard there! LOL Nice flowers. ;) HHNT!
I'm almost speechless. Not enough that I can't tell you what a sexy woman you are, though.
Happy HNT x
There you go. One main picture and you turn it into a theme. I love your lawn and I am not complaining about the tulips either. You certainly must have a green thumb.
I have never seen your ... banana flower before. I love that.
Tulips are my favorite flowers *grins*
HHNT
LOL "the tulips" - seriously, nice setup for the "tulips" joke, and a pleasant tour of your springtime yard. (I thought the banana flowers comment from your daughter was rather cute)
Happy HNT!
Very nice Lara. I love your mind!
No, really.
Okay, and the garden too.
Great post, Lara.
*fingers doing a lil tip-toeing thru the tulips walk* LOL!
i like it that way, too... very much.
Post a Comment