
Well, I finally finished my watercolor painting, and I figured I had promised to share it... so here goes.
I'm not sure the art teacher would consider it finished. I thought it was done last week except for the background, but she kept finding more things that I needed to do. She was right, of course... but still! I think she could go on forever finding more to do with it!
My daughter finished her painting too... she did a great job and is all set to do more watercolor paintings now that she knows how versatile of a medium it is.
I'm ready for a short break, but then I think I want to tackle a peony painting next... either that or a tiger lily. Or maybe both.
11 comments:
That is fantastic! I love the way you included every vein! And the color! I am so glad you and your daughter are having some creative time together! How fortunate you both are! WOW! And talented too! Keep up the good work! I will be eagerly awaiting more...We will have to get our heads together for real...one day!
Holy shyte! I am SO proud of you! You have an eye for more than just photography.
Wonderful job...and thank you SO much for sharing it!
I love that painting. There are a few parts where I am surprised that is water color. It would appear you have a tallent for this as well. Would a woo hoo be appropriate here? By the way, I just had a weird thought. Here we have a picture, taken by you, of a water color, created by you. Kind of an interesting thought to me for some reason.
Being completly serious, I love it Lara. I am so glad you posted the picture and that you had such a good time with it.
i like your painting (sincerely)
the others have pretty much described why
How much for the painting?
Thanks everyone! I don't think I could make a living from painting, but like anything else artistic, you do it first for yourself. If others enjoy it, it's just a bonus.
My daughter is quite talented... just needs to learn patience. With my nagging, her painting also turned out quite well.
confused... I don't see how I could ever sell my first painting in 20 years, and the only one that I've ever done that I felt might be worth displaying... but thank you for a smile at the thought that someone might see value in it. :)
What a great painting - thanks for sharing it. I particularly love the way you stylized the background - nicely done - the painting looks much better than the original photo because of it
Cool to see you and your daughter enjoying that fun creative process.
This is gorgeous. I love iris.
Oh girrrrrrrrrl, that's BEAUTIFUL!!!
Awww, purple iris is 1 of my absolute FAVORITE flowers... have many growing in my yard.
Just wanted to pop by & wish you well, girl.
It's been a joy to meet & get to know you. Hopefully our paths will cross again sometime.
*big hugs* =)
Lara, this is beautiful, I couldn't believe it was a painting at first.
WoW! you have talents unlimited.
Tc
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
Post a Comment