Friday, June 16, 2006

Time for me to fly?

I've decided that it's time to discontinue this blog... or to at least cease in attempting to post regularly. I obviously haven't managed what I had intended!

This one takes effort. I need to think about what happened today and consciously pick out something to write about. I have lots of ideas, but I have tended to forget them before managing to write about them.

So rather than to have you continually returning to see if I have posted anything, I am removing your expectations that I will be posting anything. I may still post here when I need a good rant.

Like septic tank cleaning companies.

I've been thinking about them lately. We hooked to city sewer and had to have our tank pumped one last time so we could dig it out.

Now... when you pay someone to pick up your garbage weekly, they pick it up, right? You pay the bill for the pick up service, and it's gone. No more bills for that garbage.

So when I pay some septic company to come pump out my tank, why is it that I have to pay for them to come buy my shit, (which was like $150 or so for our tiny tank) but then I also get charged a fee for them to dispose of my shit.

I only wanted them to take it. I don't care if they dispose of it, so why should I have to pay them for that? I mean, if they're pumping it out into their truck, I sort of assume they are going to dispose of it. I don't think they intend to cart it around for months... so why do they have to have two separate charges?

I hate that... companies tell you one amount, but then they add on some fee to dispose of your shit.

Like my phone company. I have two phone lines. One is used for the computer. I didn't want to pay a long distance access fee, so I asked AT&T to remove that service so I could get rid of that fee. A few months later I checked my phone bill, and saw a new fee had appeared. So I called AT&T and asked them about it.

Guess what? They charged a fee for not having long distance phone service on that line. Now, our local service is provided by Verizon. So why did I have to pay my long distance company to NOT have long distance on one of my phones?

But it was their loss. I changed long distance phone companies the next day, and will not go back to AT&T ever.

Obviously I still have a few rants left in me. And I never really intended to DELETE the blog... just to clearly state that I don't post often, so I can keep down the expectations.

After all... if you have low enough expectations, they should always be able to be met.

And on that note, I'll rant at ya later. Well.... sometime.

Probably.

4 comments:

barman said...

I am glad to hear you are not going away all together. I love seeing what you have to say even if it is just a rant. Oh and by the way, love that model you use in all your pictures on 1000 words. :)

Take care ~Lara

cadbury_vw said...

I'll still be watching. Both places.

I hope your time becomes your own, and you get to have more of yourself for you.

Mark Leslie said...

Sorry to hear that you're going to be half retiring; I'll still be dropping by 1000 Words because I enjoy looking at your beautiful and sexy pictures.....but I'm certainly going to miss your rants, because I found them beautiful too. Though they come rather spaced out they're certainly worth waiting for.

Oh, BTW, I'm going to have to charge you for leaving this comment. My bill is in the mail. ;)

Lil Bit said...

I've been thinking about shutting down, too, girl... *shrug* It's just so much to keep up with.

If I *do* decide to hang around, hope you'll still come visit me sometime.

*hugs*