Tuesday, September 05, 2006

PS about Carlos

And hopefully this is the end of the story!

I was re-reading the previous posts after my last post... and I realized that I hadn't ever TOLD you all about the "last time"... the time Carlos was apologizing for. I'm not sure I can recall the details, but only a quick post is really needed to give the overall "he's out of his frickin' mind" impression.

I had a few things to pick up at Wal-Mart, but after I parked in their lot, I remembered that I also had a few things to get at the next-door Sam's Club. So rather than moving my vehicle, I just walked over. I thought I was only going to get a few things.

As I walked through the aisles, though, I remembered a few more things I needed, and ended up with more than I could carry. So as I left the store with the cart, pushing it across the Sam's Club parking lot and over to the Wal-Mart lot, guess who appeared next to me?

Yeah.

Carlos.

He walked next to me, talking, all the way over to the Wal-Mart lot, telling me that he hadn't seen me in a while, asking me where I had been... and almost apologizing for talking to me previous times in case he had scared me or something.

I kept my replies pretty short, but I was rather po'd... after all, how can I get away from him when I've got a cart full of merchandise and had to get it into my vehicle in the next-door parking lot?

Well, I found my method to get away. We got to my vehicle, I loaded my stuff into the van, and he put his hand on the cart as he commented about how I could have parked further away. So since he worked for Sam's and he had my cart anyway, I let him have it. I figured he could return it... make himself useful for once. So I just said, "Well, I have to get stuff at Wal-Mart now. Bye." And I walked off, leaving him and the cart standing there.

When I got back out, the cart was gone, and fortunately, so was he.

And that's the story of "the last time." Now you know why I went out of my way to avoid him at all subsequent visits... including waiting in a longer checkout line just to avoid going through his.

If there's a next time, it WILL be his last... because the next time he approaches me at my vehicle, I will immediately turn around and walk back into the store and find the store manager and report him. He gets no more chances, especially since my friend told me that his wife got similar, though much less extreme, attention.

I obviously need to appear less friendly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some guys cannot help being attracted to hot women. But there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. Please be safe Lara!

barman said...

I think Carlos needs to work somewhere that he is not around the public since he can not seem to control himself.

I am sure it will not take long for him to be asked to leave. I mean when I find something that bothers me about a place I start to weigh if I really want to go to that place or can I do without. That is not a good thing for a business since it most likely will spread. Since you are not the only one bothered I would imagine at least someone has said something before.

You know, I think I would be careful and park close to the stores just because who know about this guy.

Zephyr said...

Actually... I was there a few days ago, and when I saw a manager, I asked to speak with him for a few minutes. I told him the Carlos saga and he was shocked. He said he gets tons of complimentary comments and notes regarding Carlos, and that Carlos is one of his best employees. He was rather shocked by my report of Carlos' misbehavior, and seemed to imply that I must have misinterpreted some of it. But he did tell me to contact him if there were any more problems.... and believe me, I WILL. I am so sick of this!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, I am glad that you took action!