
I want to be a photographer. For now, I just dabble in it.
Oh, I dabble fairly well at times. Like this picture. I love it. I have no idea whose kid this is. It was taken at a family reunion with a bunch of distant relatives.
So if you claim this kid, we're related somehow. But don't worry, I promise not to tell anyone if you don't.
But my point is, I want to learn photography. The mechanics of it. How the equipment works.
I know what I want to capture. I don't need anyone to teach me how to see. I just want someone who can teach me how to turn what I see in my mind into reality.
So how do I find a place like that?
And please don't tell me that I'm already grown up!

5 comments:
Start with a reputable camera store. They usually have different classes or seminars. Plus there are usually some very knowledgeable people hanging around.
Wow, I hear you. That is probably where I am. I have read different things and put them into place. I have almost every picture I take turn out but somehow that just is not enough. I feel like I am eating dinner, it is bland, and there is no salt to be found anywhere.
My friend's husband is a photographer and he puts out a weekly(?) podcast for amateurs. Now I just have to think of the name.
Hold on, let me Google.
OK, here it is:
http://exposure.chilipeppermedia.com/
m@, that's a great idea. I haven't been impressed with the offerings of our local Photographer's Guild, but there is a camera store around that I totally forgot about. Thanks!
Barman, I haven't read a lot yet... no time... but I plan to. I've never been big on 'self-study' though. I prefer to be taught something.
Maggie, That looks like a great site. Thanks so much!
I want you to take pics of Buddha! He is going to fall in love with you immediately when you meet!
Post a Comment