Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Another reprieve!

(as posted on 1000 Words)
Well, yesterday's ultrasound cleared me again. They commented on the large number of cysts (I saw at least 4) and agreed with my assessment that the ultrasound would probably be an annual event.

They also agreed that my request to do both at the first visit seemed logical, and said I should have my doctor request that for next year. (I suppose that I can't just request that myself without a doctor's orders, but they were pretty sure he could and that insurance shouldn't argue it given my cysts and family history.)

Which would cut out about 2 weeks of worry.

I think that sounds like a good thing.

11 comments:

Marvin said...

Congratulations! See? I knew you would be fine.

Melissa said...

There ya go :)

Anonymous said...

I have been worried for you...
Marty

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Oh Im so glad to hear everything turned out well. I was a little worried since you hadn't posted in a while (not that you have to post everyday). I hope you're out enjoying the new bike.

Ms.Q said...

Wahoo!!!

I am so glad to hear everything is ok. I have been sending all my positive thoughts your way...and missing your blog. Great news.

Ms.Q

Mouthy Girl said...

HOORAY!!!!

Boobies live on!

I'll be sleeping at my house tonight for the first time in almost two weeks. I simply cannot wait.

I've missed you, sister! Glad OHC was able to talk with you about this whole debacle!

Jennifer said...

I am soooooo glad you were cleared!! Another year of breathing easy!!

we_be_toys said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you got a clean bill of health! Cysts are such creepy little things, aren't they?

Daisy said...

Fantastic! I think that on some level you had to know it would be that way though, right? I guess the danger is in becoming complacent. Just get the tests and don't worry - realizing that it is actually MORE likely to be fine than not...

Zephyr said...

Hey everyone, thanks for all the well wishes & such. :) I really do appreciate them.

Even though I wasn't all that worried this time, I think that I've accepted that someday I probably will NOT get good news. I hope that someday is a long time in the future, but if not, I hope I can face it with the strength that my sister did.

Anonymous said...

*phew*

((HUGE hugs))