Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Things that make you wonder why

I rode my new bike to work yesterday. I realized that I wasn't as in shape as I thought; that was hard work.

I'm a bit glad it is raining today. But even so, I'll probably do it again tomorrow if I can.

Perhaps I'm just a masochist.

9 comments:

Marvin said...

Good for you! Don't you feel healthier? I know you do. ;-)

Daisy said...

I was pleasantly surprised last year when I rode my bike that I could actually peddle my fat ass up a hill on a single speed boardwalk bike! Good for you - I know it is hard work but it feels good to do something physical! :D

we_be_toys said...

Shhhh! Not a masochist - just being health-conscious.
I'm trying to get out there and work up a sweat everyday too - so good on ya mate!

cadbury_vw said...

(i like your shape)

i hope that your legs catch up with your intent soon

Ms.Q said...

My dad retired from IBM after 37 years and became a born again bicycler. So much so that he opened a bike shop and ran it for ten years until my mom finally threw the bullshit flag and forced him to retire. He always said it was the greatest exercise out there to help your physical and mental health. I would do it but I can't seem to keep those tiny bike seats from going up my butt.
Keep up the good work!

Zephyr said...

Marvin, I'll feel healthier in a week or two. LOL

Daisy, it does feel good, but I was surprised at how HARD it is to just pedal a bike!

WBT, good for both of us. :)

(Thanks Cadbury!) I hope so too!

MsQ, that bike seat thing is one of the benefits of my new bike... sitting upright makes a huge difference on how fast you get cut in half by the seat. LOL Harder to pedal but much easier to sit on.

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

You go girl! Riding a bike is great exercise. Now if I could just get some inspiration from you to get off my butt and move on a daily basis, that would be great. Thanks! :0 )

Zephyr said...

Chanda, It's easy to be lazy... for all of us! I think the sunshine helps me push myself more. So it's just a matter of finding out what helps you push yourself... maybe just schedule a time with a friend so you HAVE to do it? Good luck!

Easy Recipes said...

Hey - I got a bike for mom's day too. Of course I had to get one with a comfort seat - for the big butt. I like it - but boy did I realize how out of shape I am in. Keep on pedalin'! :)