Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Today isn't gold...

It's Diamond.

I got home from my camping trip yesterday evening, slightly sunburned and somewhat itchy. I struggled to unpack, start laundry, clean up at least SOME of the mess, and hang the wallpaper in my bathroom.

And in just a few hours I'm heading to Indy for the Neil Diamond concert. It's sort of funny... some people I have told have practically drooled with envy. And others have looked at me as if I have lost my mind.

*looking around cautiously*

Is it safe to admit that I'm really excited?

If not, forget I said anything.

9 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am so jealous.

I'll be there in spirit because I am going to Best Buy to pick up Neil's new one. I say to hell with the reviews of the old school. Neil's voice transcends all.

Buddha will alternately listen to Neil and the Mamma Mia soundtrack for the next few weeks. He's already got Mamma Mia down pat and is working on SOS. I'm a bad-ass mom!

Maggie, Dammit said...

I would be one of those people who drooled.

But don't tell anybody.

Daisy said...

OMG!!! How cool! I love Neil Diamond! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!

ray223

cadbury_vw said...

i'm really happy for you

i waited from age 13 until age 40 to go see SuperTramp

i just about shit myself i was so excited (good thing i'm not a puppy...)

i'm sooooo happy you have something to be excited about and look forward to - that's what life is supposed to be about

Marvin said...

I'm excited for you! You are there, right now. I hope you take some pictures!

Melissa said...

Welcome back from your vacation and at this point from ND concert! I hope you had a blast at both - certainly well deserved! I'm so happy for you to finally get to see him in concert after waiting so long!

Now to finish that bathroom, right? :D

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

We all have are guilty pleasures, and I've always had a soft spot for Neil Diamond (and Barry Manalow, but dear god, don't tell anyone that!).

Enjoy the concert, we want a full disclosure when you get back. :)

we_be_toys said...

Now that it's past and all went well, I can say with assurance: it's totally okay to be excited.
Glad it was a good show!