Thursday, September 11, 2008

We got your lipstick here, bitches

Today's political uproar is about lipstick. Strangely enough, with all the problems our country has been having, the republican party has chosen to focus on lipstick.

Um. Yeah.

Lipstick is a cover-up. Having a bad day? Slap on a little lipstick... you'll be fine.

Does it fix the problems? No, of course not. But if you buck up, hide what's wrong, and pretend a little, everyone will be distracted, no one will know, and we can all happily go on as we have been. Right?

Yeah, that's some story of change.

Anyone but me question the irony of using that as a political platform?

8 comments:

we_be_toys said...

Do the Republicans even HAVE a platform, other than trashing their opponents and twisting their every word? Oh, wait - they picked a GIRL to be VP nominee - that's right, they're progressive now!

(Girl, don't GET me started!)

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

I am so frustrated with everything that is the republican party platform, and the antics they use to claw their way to the top of this race that I could just spit.

I'm deeply worried that all of this grand standing and name calling will actually have the desired effect,the sheep will vote as their told, and we will have four (more) years of backward thinking, dangerous global posturing, and our country will slip further into the pits than it already is.

BrightBoy said...

If this campaign were really about the issues, the Republicans would lose outright. Thankfully for them, the American voting public has chosen to focus on other things even as their lives fall apart because of our government's actions.

The longer than this campaign goes on, the more truly disgusted I become with the pack of ignorant, bigoted pigs who I have the displeasure to call my countrymen.

The hogs of Middle America will drive this country even further to the ground and continue to laud their "moral values" as they do so, the useless swine.

Mouthy Girl said...

1. I love lipstick but hate that damn vinyl gloss shit. That crap makes me feel as though one of my students has smeared a stick of Elmer's across my mouth.

2. I hate McCain and his lackey. What a fucking joke.

Anonymous said...

It hurts my head so badly that THIS is what people are wasting their time on. This is exactly why the country is where it is right now - lipstick. For god's sake.

I didn't realize that you had this blog, glad to see it. Call me a subscriber.

Zephyr said...

We be toys... honestly I don't think they do. Because Palin and McCain seem to not share the same beliefs at all, so how CAN they have a common platform?

Chanda... yes that worries me as well. Knowing that Palin doesn't believe that human intervention causes global warming is scary.

blackened boy, you're right, but I sure can't understand WHY people just disregard what's really important. *sigh*

BG... lipstick is good. The people you mentioned.. not so good.

Free Man... Don't get me wrong, I like my lipstick. But unlike some others, I recognize its limitations and don't promote it for political use! (And I've had this blog for a while now... where have you been? lol)

Unknown said...

I don't question the irony. The irony is well-established. But every election campaign sings nice songs about "change." Every one. It's such a safe slogan, because it means something different to every voter. I'm so sick of meaningless, empty presidential election campaign hype, I could burst.

Marvin said...

I thought it was amusingly irrelevant. It certainly kept the Obamists busy defending themselves for awhile. Manufactured outrage does not solely belong to Muslims or feminists or the differently-abled or whichever victimhood group wants the headlines today. ;-) But I agree, it was beneath the Republicans to do that. Then again, "fight dirty and win" is the rule.

Remember, none of this will matter when the Martian Hegemony decides enough is enough. ;-)