I'm tired of my job. And I'm really tired of this project. To the point where I really don't think well, can't stay focused, and don't really care either.
But I'm almost done with it and intend to keep plugging away at it.
So the hubby decides it's time to sell our house a couple of months ago. Which is clearly, the absolute WORST time we could begin to try to sell a house... autumn plus a struggling economy? Sure honey, whatever you say. I worked my butt off to get ready for his arbitrary "open house" deadline, in the meantime stressing myself almost beyond my ability to cope. I wasted most of my accumulation of vacation time to work on the house too.
I'm really nice that way.
So now we're having another open house. And I'm supposed to help do the leaves. And clean the house. And get things organized better than they have been. And make a new "chore chart" for the kids.
And everything is still stressing me.
He's working extra because some urgent jobs picked up. And while he's gone, I'm feeling not-so-productive.
Sunday night I crawled in bed and read a book. When I feel overwhelmed, reading a book is the best way that I know of to recharge. And when he came home, the only thing he asked was, "So did you work on the chore chart tonight?"
I answered no, and proceeded to ignore him when he continued by asking what I had accomplished. I figured it was Sunday, I didn't need any huge accomplishments.
And last night, after I finished working, I made supper, helped the daughter with some projects, and when I couldn't stop shivering, I crawled into the bathtub and took a hot bath.
And when he came home, he again asked if I had worked on the chore chart.
And I again ignored him.
I'm good that way.

6 comments:
You know, maybe it's just me, but when an adult gives another adult a chore chart to accomplish it kind of makes my neck hairs stand up and I start growling in the back of my throat.
I think you know where I stand - enjoy another nice hot bath honey!!!
You need to make another chart: What I've Done To Take Care Of Myself. And then ask him what HE'S done off THAT chart today. (I feel for you. Hatred of house selling keeps me in the house I'm in now.)
Sunday's supposed to be the day of rest, isn't it?
It really is a very bad time to sell. Just saying.
Hmmm... I could think of a few places he could put the chore chart ( but that's just me, I'm kinda down on men lately). A hot bath sounds much more productive.
Hang in there, we're all thinking of you.
OMG, if I kept a chore chart and bugged my darling wife about it, she would wad it up and jam it down my throat and suffocate me with it. Hoo boy.
WBT - he's known as the "almighty supreme dictator" for a reason. Dictating is his gift. But it definitely makes MY neck hairs stand up.
Praying to darwin - It is exhausting to stand up against him when he gets like this, but I have made it my priority to take care of myself. And I wouldn't care if we never sell the house, but he's determined that we have to get out of it. He can't wait to be away from certain neighbors... not have to clean up all of the leaves... etc. He looks for reasons to be unhappy and so he finds them.
Free man - you'd think so (re day of rest). And I know its a bad time to sell. He doesn't seem to care, and I don't seem to have much say.
Chanda - He is just determined that the chore chart be made so the kids know whose turn it is to do which task. I look at it a different way... the dishwasher needs to be emptied, so I grab whichever one has annoyed me the most recently and deserves to do it!
Marvin - see? we may not agree on some things, but we clearly agree on others! LOL
Post a Comment