"Any news?" "Anyone call or come over?"
I get that he's bored with his work. Unfortunately, I'm not. I'm swamped. It's not that I mind a phone call for a reason. It's just that I'm not here for his entertainment, and it annoys me.
What annoys me more is when he calls me to nag at me.
Today he asked if I had sent out a check he asked me to send. The address was in his email, which he can't be bothered to forward to me. I'm just supposed to log into his email and find it.
Quick answer: no, I hadn't.
Longer answer: I was going through some bills a couple days ago, and got sidetracked by some other items and hadn't gotten to that one. And he came and found me at my desk when apparently I was supposed to be packing up the garage sale leftovers. Even though he had also asked me to do these bills. I didn't realize the sequence was important, but apparently it was, as he got rather irate at me for not having the garage sale boxes all packed when he got home.
So today, when he called and asked if I had sent the check and I hadn't, I got the spiel about "what were you doing when you didn't pack up the garage sale?"
So I hung up. Which rather pisses him off, by the way.
But I generally feel better for not having listened to him ranting at me, at least until I get the rant about not hanging up on him.

4 comments:
I hang up my husband when he's acting like he's my asshole dad, so you won't get any duff from me, girl! On contrary, I'm going to refrain from going off on big bad men who think it's okay to treat their wives like they're a servant, because I've got one of those too!
(No, seriously, this IS refraining!)
Glad to see you back blogging.
It's probably a tribute to the strength of a relationship that you can hang up on your partner.
Maybe?
I say hang up at will when he's nagging, criticizing, et al.
When you listen to him rant and rave, you only succeed in giving him positive feedback for his shitty behavior.
Good for you! I'm proud of the hang up! AND you can tell him I said so as well!
You're not his punching bag. Hanging up helps set boundaries. If he doesn't like being hung up on, perhaps he'll learn to be less obnoxious. Or maybe not, in which case, hanging up spares you the diatribe.
Post a Comment