Art class went great but was too busy of a time for me. I was fighting two work deadlines the same week, so my project still isn't quite done. Which means I can't show it to you finished yet. All that's left is the "fixing"... using a chemical to fix the dyes and then wash it out thoroughly. But I had to pack it away for two showings and an open house.
Soon, I promise. I want it done too! In the meantime, here's an "in process" view... it's totally painted now, so much further along than this. I spent most of the week sketching out the pattern, so this was how it looked after 4 days of class!!
My daughter's on the other hand... she actually finished two. Her watercolor landscape painting of a photo that Old Hippi Chick sent us, and a painted silk scarf. She spent a lot of time on them at home, which I couldn't really do that week.
Daisy (our female Russian Tortoise) died too, less than a week after Speedy. We assume they must have caught some sort of fungal virus. The night before she died was the pumpkin's birthday party, so right after introducing Daisy to all of her friends, she had to let them all know that Daisy had died. She was a bit upset, but just thankful that it wasn't Peppermint (her pet guinea pig.) She loves that piggy (who very much lives up to his 'piggy' name!)
The lump was diagnosed as one of the same cysts as before. They couldn't explain why I could feel it now but not before. But now that it's a hard cyst, it hurts. Most of the time. And I find myself randomly rubbing that side of my breast when I recline back and stretch my arm up. Which may or may not look socially acceptable.
But then, I suppose I may or may not look socially acceptable anyway.
Or so I've been told by my kids, though not in quite those terms. *shrug*
And just a random question for you:
Is it odd that I have an uncontrollable urge to sing "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" every time I harvest my coconut trees in Farm Town?

5 comments:
I'm glad you're writing again!
I have the urge to sing "Yes, We Have No Bananas" whenever I walk past our banana-less banana trees.
All of the art pieces are GREAT! I love that the kid's still honing her artistic skills. Well done!
Wow those scarves are all very beautiful! I wish I had that kind of talent!
I also sing the lovely bunch of coconuts song when harvesting coconuts on FT...so no, it's either not weird...or we both are! ;)
Socially acceptable is for the birds anyway.
Sorry about the turtles, glad to hear that peppermint is still piggying along though! Also sorry about the lump, I know it's painful, just glad it's not cancer of any sort!
Good to see you back on the internets. Love the scarves, especially yours!
LOL Marvin, what a perfect song! :)
Thanks, SNWW. I've gotta make sure OHC sees the painting since she provided the original photo. Pumpkin wants to make sure she sees it too!
Thanks Melissa. I love silk painting, and you'd be surprised at how simple it is too! Mine looks a lot better with the background done, but I haven't gotten any photos of it. I was waiting to get the fixer done... and waiting, and waiting... lol (But I think we might both be weird!)
Thanks Freeman! It's nice to be back on here again too... not that I really have the time, but sometimes you need to just MAKE time for things. Like silk-painting. :)
Post a Comment