The Pumpkin likes purple. Actually likes is too soft of a term... she adores it. At our current house, she didn't get a purple room because it was meant to be a temporary residence. We saved money by buying mismixed colors of paint from paint stores, Habitat ReStores, etc.
She picked from the available colors and ended up with mauve. Then she dressed it up with a patterned purple bedspread, a purple rug, and purple curtains. But it's still not purple.
So when I told her about my new house, her first question was, "Can I paint my room purple?" Her second question was, "Can I paint a mural on one of the walls of my room?"
She is excitedly planning to paint a large daffodil on the segment of her room to the right of that window in the picture. I picked up a 5x7 purple striped area rug for her today, and we've been browsing stores and websites looking for bedding to match.
I think she is as excited about her new half-time home as I am about being there full-time! Today? It's 18 days.
2 comments:
Its getting closer!!! Please post pictures when your pumpkin gets her room finished. It feels so strange but I feel connected to you. Because your husband reminds me of my mother so much I guess. It is exciting for me to see your progress toward freedom. Thank you for sharing.
Amber
I'll definitely post pictures, Amber. She's quite the little artist... well not so little any more, since she's almost 15. But I love showing off her creative side. She's quite good! :)
I'm as excited as she is about the decorating I think. The entire main part of the house is painted off-white (except the laundry room & bathrooms which are papered). I haven't planned paint colors yet, but I did just find a perfect floor lamp at a resale shop, to match my new furniture I found on close-out sales!
Post a Comment