That's how long I have to wait to move... thirty-nine days. Thirty-seven days to close, and then 2 days for them to move. Assuming that my bank can get things underway quickly enough, and that I can get my financial agreement finalized. (The bank requires that prior to closing.)
The financial agreement could be an issue, given this morning. We had a fight about things before I was barely out of bed. Basically, he noted the need to get to work on things, I commented that I needed his appraisal of his business assets, and he said, "I thought we agreed to leave the business out of the equation."
No... you said it. I didn't agree to it.
So the threats began again... you know, the ones where he tells me it could get expensive and ugly, etc... And I basically told him (rather loudly) that 'yes, I know that he's willing to spend all of our money to fight me if I don't give in to whatever he says.' And that I was tired of the threats.
Our daughter was in the kitchen, right there, sitting on the floor with her puppy. She was very quiet, and crying. We left for school, and I talked to her a little as I drove. And learned that the sound carries quite well from the living room (where prior multi-hour marathon manipulation and discussion sessions were held) up to her bedroom, directly above it. She understands that his behavior hasn't been right, but she claims he has changed.
She can claim it all she wants, but I still don't think it's changed enough to be anywhere close to appropriate.
I felt horrible for fighting in front of her, but then I didn't. Because I've spent 25 years NOT standing up for myself. I think I'm a little overdue.
The financial agreement could be an issue, given this morning. We had a fight about things before I was barely out of bed. Basically, he noted the need to get to work on things, I commented that I needed his appraisal of his business assets, and he said, "I thought we agreed to leave the business out of the equation."
No... you said it. I didn't agree to it.
So the threats began again... you know, the ones where he tells me it could get expensive and ugly, etc... And I basically told him (rather loudly) that 'yes, I know that he's willing to spend all of our money to fight me if I don't give in to whatever he says.' And that I was tired of the threats.
Our daughter was in the kitchen, right there, sitting on the floor with her puppy. She was very quiet, and crying. We left for school, and I talked to her a little as I drove. And learned that the sound carries quite well from the living room (where prior multi-hour marathon manipulation and discussion sessions were held) up to her bedroom, directly above it. She understands that his behavior hasn't been right, but she claims he has changed.
She can claim it all she wants, but I still don't think it's changed enough to be anywhere close to appropriate.
I felt horrible for fighting in front of her, but then I didn't. Because I've spent 25 years NOT standing up for myself. I think I'm a little overdue.

3 comments:
It's OK to cry a little.
I do when I hear this favorite of ours.
Tomorrow it's just 37 days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jQj7nzUAXQ
And I thought I had issues - pfft! Honey, I'm hating you're having to deal with so much! I am behind you in standing up for yourself - be strong sister!
(Thanks for your support the other day, it helped me a lot)
Gentle Man - it's only 37 days IF I can get the financial issues in order so the bank will close. That's not certain yet, but I'll be going to the bank soon to find out more detail on what they need. *crossing fingers*
WBT - I'm hating it too, but I'm finding that I have far more strength than I ever knew. And you have my support any time you want it. My email's on the profile.
Post a Comment