In front of my new house, you perves. Sheesh.
So I have this house, built in 1964. Which was probably when the landscaping around it was done too. It's got these ugly, overgrown, half-dead-underneath traditional bushes all around it. In weedy beds, mixed with random ground cover, dandelions, and straggly-dyed-red mulch, and edged with half-rotting landscaping beams or only-half-buried landscaping edging. As lovely of a physical image as the verbal one implies.
Bushes like this one (which half blocks the back garage door)...
and this one, are representative of the lovely greenery surrounding my home.
So I have decided I want to remove the overgrown, ugly landscaping and make something that is my own. Something less neglected, less half-dead, and less difficult to mow around too.
I stopped and spoke to a sprinkler system company yesterday, to try to learn how to do so without killing my probably-not-working-anyway-because-it-was-last-used-over-ten-years-ago sprinkler system. Since I have no idea where the sprinkler heads are or what condition they are in, they told me to go ahead and get the bushes removed, and then call them to work on the sprinkler system.
So now that I have their permission... anyone know how I can go about removing about 15-20 really big overgrown bushes (and their root systems, so I can plant new bushes) from around my house?
4 comments:
what ever you do do not tie one of those big plants to your bumper and gun it. Lol.
Ha, Thanks Amber! I'm not that willing to risk my ONLY vehicle. But you're right, I was told numerous times to just wrap a chain around them, tie them to my bumper and pull. NOT GONNA HAPPEN HERE! LOL
Dynamite?
WE actually used a small saw to the base of some shrubbery and then started digging into the root system. It was crazy because I really did want to attach a chain and tie it to my bumper!
However, I have a feeling I would have still had the shrubs and would have lost my bumper.
Post a Comment