At home was apparently a different story.
The neighbor's car had 5 large hail-dents in the roof. A friend a few miles away talked about the devastation outside her subdivision. One road over had numerous trees down, and even more with the tops ripped off. It looked like a tornado went over the area but didn't quite touch down.
And my house? It was basically untouched... a few more tree branches to pick up but nothing major. I thought. While we let the kittens roam the house last night, a few of them began playing with some white paper on the floor of the front entry.
So yeah. See that tube skylight just past the seam that came apart due to the water coming in? I have five of them. Two are just up the slope from this seam. My guess is that one of them leaks.
And that home warranty that the sellers provided with the house? That they paid $345 for? It doesn't cover anything structural. It covers the plumbing and a few appliances. What a waste of money... I'm just glad that I didn't pay for it!
2 comments:
Sorry to hear the news. My house was without power for a couple of days and my wife had to handle it alone as I was working in Kansas City for the week.
Wow Marty... I've not had to deal with any extended power outages in over 10 years. What a pain! I didn't even realize we had bad storms... I work about 10-12 miles from my home, and we just had some moderate thunderstorms at the office. I don't have an office by a window, so I never saw what was going on outside!
Post a Comment