See, I've become a bit obsessive about my bedroom decor during our redecorating project, and I decided that my two totally unmatching lamps needed matching lampshades to "blend" them into the room. So off I went. No luck at Target. Ditto for Walmart, JC Penney, Kohl's, Lowe's, Menards, ... I think you see the trend.
I decided to google for lampshades. You can find anything via google, (or so I thought). Well, you can NOT find lampshades in a 7" height via google. Take my word for it. I had this vision of cute white silk lampshades with beaded trim adorning my random lamps, but alas, it was not to be.
Or so I thought. Fortunately a spur-of-the-moment trip back to Menards with my son to pick up a bulletin board finally resulted in a bit of luck. The lucky thing was that the bulletin board was on sale, and therefore out of stock. Why is that lucky, you ask? Well, if it had been in stock, I would have never had the extra couple of minutes to wander back through the lamp section to see that they had gotten in exactly 2 of the lampshades of my dreams. Well... minus the beaded trim, but that's nothing that Hobby Lobby and a hot glue gun can't fix.
I immediately became giddy. Two ABSOLUTELY PERFECT lampshades for only $9.99 each when I wasn't even there looking for lampshades! It was obviously fate. My son was so happy for me that he asked if he could wear one on his head. (Ok perhaps it was because he's as strange as I am, and not just his joy on my behalf).
On the way home, we happily sang a lovely song together that we made up as we went along. I wanted to share it with you.
Found a Lampshade
(sung to the tune of Found a Peanut)
Found a lampshade, found a lampshade, found a lampshade at Menards,
Just now I found a lampshade, found a lampshade at Menards.
Checked the size, checked the size, checked the size at Menards,
Just now I checked the size, checked the size at Menards.
It was right, it was right, it was right at Menards,
Just now it was right, it was right at Menards.
Wore it like a hat, wore it like a hat, wore it like a hat at Menards,
Just now I wore it like a hat, wore it like a hat at Menards.
Looked like a dork, looked like a dork, looked like a dork at Menards,
Just now I looked like a dork, looked like a dork at Menards.
Bought it anyway, bought it anyway, bought it anyway at Menards,
Just now I bought it anyway, bought it anyway at Menards.
I will spare you the rest of the verses for two very important reasons... 1) I forget them (fortunately), 2) I've embarassed myself enough already, and 3) I think you get the idea anyway. (Yes I know that was three, not two. I was just checking if you were paying attention.)
It took several trips to Hobby Lobby to get the trim, as I changed my mind about what I wanted to do and had to go back to get more... but I'm pretty happy about the final result, so I'm going to inflict it on you as well.
Please act enthusiastically impressed. Thank you.
5 comments:
Ooooh purrrrdy! :)
Now, when you doin' the "lampshade on the head" contri??? :D
Here come singalong parts 3 & 4...
and people thought the duck contris were creative... wait till they see us in lampshades!
HEY! if I use a big enough lampshade it'd work great to hide my face! :D
Hehehe...
And we have plenty of lampshades around here... :)
I also need to do a "real men of genius" contri :) hehehehe...Get with me on that one, when you get a chance! :)
Ok, you gotta be careful what you say about conq. She'll quote ya!
What's "real men of genius"?
Post a Comment