Saturday, August 13, 2005

Oh, to be 13 again! NOT!!!

If I remember right, 13 kind of sucked. It was a long time ago, so I'm not sure. But as a parent, it's no piece of cake either. It does have its moments though.

One of the most fun parts of being a parent is to embarass your kids. Not a lot so they hate you or are scarred for life... just a little, so they toe the line in fear of you doing it in front of their friends.

Take the "Lampshade" song for example. My 13 year old son happily sang it with me in the van and around the house just a day or two ago. Today he rolled his eyes at me. I do this cute (well it's cute to ME anyway) little thing where I make a sad puppy-eyed face and say "you don't wuv me"... and he tries to pretend he's not struggling to not laugh. (can you decipher THAT one? hehehe)

Anyway, he wouldn't sing with me today, but he (reluctantly) admitted that I'm ok because I don't embarass him in public or in front of his friends... it's ok to be weird at home.

Maybe 13 isn't so bad after all. I've got a pretty good kid. :)

2 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

You are a darling mom! Red faced or not, your kids adore you. I'd sing that damn lampshade song with you any day of the week. One day we'll have to do it together...say when Buddha's...13. Yeah...

Zephyr said...

lol billy, I think that "sometimes" is the key. Best to not make it all the time!

Buddha Girl, I'll happily sing with you in 13 years but by then my kids will be out of here so they won't care. Or if they aren't out of here by then, I will do my best to embarass them frequently so they go!

I count often, Midwest Hick... some days you have to count the blessings to keep from beating them! (Just kidding... I've got too much money invested in them by now - can't afford to damage them!)