Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Little Artist


My daughter loves animals. And she loves to draw. She has said that she wants to be either an artist or a veterinarian. I told her she can do both.

Her fascination lately is with books. We'll be reading a book together, and she will stop me to look at the pictures and ask me who did the illustrations as if she'll recognize the name! Then she will go back to looking at the pictures a while longer before we can continue to read.

Last year we found a local kid's art contest. She began her picture but we were out of town and she didn't work on it during our trip, so it didn't get completed in time. When she saw the winners, she was very disappointed because, in her words, "Mine was a lot better than those."

So last week I found this year's contest and she immediately announced that she was going to enter it. She did her drawing over the weekend, and drove me crazy wanting me to turn it in. I finally had to tell her that the offices weren't open on Christmas Day!

She calls it "The Wolf's Cry".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Lara, I was looking at the Wolf's legs and how anatomically correct she drew them and the detail.
Very very good.Plenty to be proud of Mom.
Thanks for sharing this picture, I hope she wins.



Tc

Big Pissy said...

That is such a great picture! Be sure to let us know the outcome of the contest! :)

Mouthy Girl said...

*clapping hands wildly*

I am so PROUD of her! I'm sure she'll be at the top of the list of winners. I'll be on the lookout for other contests. I have two GREAT friends who are both art teachers and recognized artists in their own rights. I'm sending them a link to this post.

You tell your kid Buddha Girl's amazed with her talent! *hard hugs*

cadbury_vw said...

that is a great drawing for your daughter's age

congrats

ohc said...

HEY HEY HEY! WOW! I tell you, I am really charged up when I see such young talent! I kbow that once BG's Kid grows, he will show more talent than he already has, BUT, I am telling you, Lara, Nurture your daughter. She has the talent, I can tell! WOW! Thanks for sharing this!
Peace OUt,
O Hippi

barman said...

First the picture really did turn out awesome. I am not one to judge someones talant when it comes to art but I think it looks very promising. For me, however, I was more impressed by how excited she was and how much she had to stick to it to get done quickly.

What ever you do, even if she does not use her tallents in what ever her line of work eventually will be, I hope you encourage her to continue to persue this. It would be a shame to see tallent like that not be persued and I think it will bring her happyness.

Mark Leslie said...

Wow, such talent. She can be both an artist and a vet. How about if she draws pictures of all the animals she heals.