Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Health food

Today I had a munchy attack. Ok, not just today. It's been a relatively common issue lately.

In the past I had been pretty good at ignoring the attacks. I keep a stock of healthy food in my office, and have something like a nice Dark Chocolate Cherry Kashi Bar when I need something to eat. Low fat and fiber, and antioxidants from both the cherries and the dark chocolate... an ok snack, right?

But today I already had one of those. I needed something more.

So, if dark chocolate has antioxidants, can I count the m&m's that I ate as a health food?

7 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Hello? Of course they count as health food. Sheesh.

Any other questions?

Hell, I consider coffee a major food group.

Anonymous said...

M&M's definitely count as health food! At least, in my messed up food pyramid.

barman said...

It counts as mental health, problem solved.

Zephyr said...

BG, Thanks. I knew I could count on you!

Sterlingirl, Send the rest of your pyramid... could come in handy! LOL

Barman, good point!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY. Absolutely. Nobody better say otherwise. Shut up. Absolutely.

we_be_toys said...

Absolutely you can count dark chocolate as healthy - its fiber - yeah, that's it!

Mmmm Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate - I love those things!

Zephyr said...

Maggie... so... how about the milky way bar I ate yesterday? LOL (Damn I'm having a bad week!)

We_be_toys... hmmm I think fiber might be pushing it. I'd just settle for something invisible, like antioxidants. But yeah, those kashi bars are awesome aren't they? And the best part is that the hubby hates 'em, so I have no competition for them! (He likes the crunchy pumpkin ones)