Do you ever have the feeling that you don't quite fit in your own life?
I'm not sure I even know what I mean by that, but that's the thought that keeps going through my head. I feel disjointed, separated from the reality that is my daily life. Going through the motions, not really aware of them. I feel like I'm trying to get back to some previous point in time that can't be found, rather than living in the current moment.
Sort of like that old Bruce Springsteen song, "Glory Days," except I never had Glory Days to relive.
I probably just need more sleep. At least I hope so.
I'm not sure I even know what I mean by that, but that's the thought that keeps going through my head. I feel disjointed, separated from the reality that is my daily life. Going through the motions, not really aware of them. I feel like I'm trying to get back to some previous point in time that can't be found, rather than living in the current moment.
Sort of like that old Bruce Springsteen song, "Glory Days," except I never had Glory Days to relive.
I probably just need more sleep. At least I hope so.

7 comments:
What's up girl?
I usually feel like that when I'm tired, so maybe that's it. Get some sleep and see what that does.
"If you haven't got your rest, you haven't got anything." - Count Rugen, "The Princess Bride"
Hope you're feeling better soon!
Hi, just linked over from Tap Dancing... Nice digs you got here.
I know of what you speak, It usually comes over me as a feeling of restlessness, like I haven't done what Im supposed to have done with my life so I better hop to it! Luckily, these things pass. :)
we_be_toys, I've been swamped this week... so hopefully that's it for me too. Maybe I need a break to watch the princess bride again! I love that movie!
Chanda - welcome to my blog. Hopefully my mood passes too. I need to find something real to write soon! LOL
I hope this moment of blah passes by quickly. I hate it when I don't even feel like a remote participant in my own life.
You are wonderful.
I wake up every morning and feel like I'm in the wrong body. It's the wrong shape. But there's a reason for that. ;-)
I will have to peruse your blogs when I have more time this week. It's always nice to meet another sentient being. Thanks for reading my blog!
Oh, and "R.O.U.S.s? I don't think they exist." Bless you for being a TPB fan. There are not enough of us on this little planet.
Hey Buddha Girl, The weekend made a HUGE difference. Amazing what a few days with almost zero responsibilities does for your state of mind!
Marvin, I'm honored.... don't think I've ever had a Martian comment on my blog before! Hopefully I can stand up to your "sentient" description. :) Only time will tell.
Post a Comment