She noted, in reply, that it wasn't fair. "Why do teachers get a whole week, and mothers only get one day?"
She's such a good daughter. And one hell of a brown-noser too.
(No disrespect meant to those of you who are teachers... trust me, I wouldn't want your job, and I appreciate greatly that you are willing to do what I couldn't do! But you know those kids you're so glad to see go home at the end of the day? We have them the other 16 hours of the day. And we have to force them to do all that homework that you assign them on top of the chores I had intended for them to do.)
"You're right," I replied. "Mothers should have a whole week."
"And daughters too," she bargained. "We could go shopping all week or something."
See? I told you she was a brown-noser. Gotta love that in a kid.

5 comments:
Yeah, I'm totally down with that. Mother's Week!
Shopping? A whole week of shopping?
Forget the sons. They can stay with the dads. I'm coming shopping with you and your kid!
So Maggie, you in for the shopping trip? :) Navy Pier in Chicago is a great mother/daughter outing locale. :)
BG, you can be her other mother for the week, no problem. :)
Definitely a good trait in a kid - to know when to do the brown-nose thing!
WBT, she's got that one down pat, trust me! lol
Post a Comment