So you get "This is what I'm doing" lists like the following.
I am still dodging numerous piles where 3 lockers projectile vomited into my living room over a week ago. A portion of the locker vomit has been collected into boxes; the remainder stays, tripping me occasionally as I walk by, and sometimes even nipping at my ankle. But it probably will stay for a while yet.
I am juggling numerous doctor appointments, trying to get wisdom teeth extracted, braces on, required school and sports physicals scheduled and completed, and chiropractor treatments for a kid who started limping over the weekend.
I am spending extra time getting to work, because the time riding bike adds up far more than I expect it will. But it feels so good even when it hurts.
I am contemplating how much groceries and other sundry items for a family of 5 cost, and wondering how The Queen Mum finds time to locate and sort and organize all of the coupons and rebates and offers that she must go through in her quest toward frugality. And I'm thinking that being short on cash isn't fun, but that sounds like serious work to me. I think I'm far too lazy to even figure out how it works, let alone do it!
I am trying to find time to balance multiple bank accounts, pay bills, deal with insurance forms and filings, and still breathe. Occasionally.
I am filling out several reams of paperwork for my son's new school. I am scheduling hotels, making child care arrangements for the other two kids, collecting required information, and trying to arrange any other details for the upcoming school orientation meetings.
And I am wondering why no one ever seems to have any clean clothes to wear, no matter how much time I spend in the basement laundry room.

17 comments:
I just buy a big Rubbermaid bin and throw it all in there and slap a "2007-08 school year" on it and pretend I'm being Nostalgic and Good-motherish and Sentimental. Instead of lazy, which is totally what shoving everything into a bin is. But whatever.
I have an Excel spreadsheet for my coupons/grocery shopping. It works for me.
Maggie, sentimentality is great and all, but when you multiply kid #1 x 12 years of school & preschool, plus kid #2 x 11 years of school & preschool, plus kid #3 x 9 years of school... that would yield... one hell of a lot of plastic in my basement. Which is already full. So I use my method, which is... let the husband sort it. Because I would totally throw it out!
Chick, I know excel, but I can't imagine how a spreadsheet would help. I mean, don't you have to read the ads? And remember to cut out the coupons if you manage to find them before the newspaper gets recycled? I just don't see how anyone can keep up with it all.
You HAVE been busy! Thanks for posting - we have already taken far too much valuable time from you! You may now return to your regularly-scheduled chaos. ;-)
LOL Yup Marvin... and I forgot to mention that I'm also doing zillions of ebay ads and packing crap in our quest to de-clutter the house so we can get it on the market. Hubby PROMISES to get the frickin' bathroom done so I'm doing my part and then he can't blame ME for not meeting his self-imposed deadlines!
Eh. I pretty much buy the same things all the time. I get the ads emailed to me from the place I always shop. And I give myself an hour on Sunday mornings to clip coupons and organize them.
Yes, I'm pathetic. That's my "me" time. (hee!)
Oh, I like Maggie's idea of the Rubbermaid bin - why didn't I think of that? But you're right - it could add up pretty quickly. I try to keep a few choice, really impressive reports, pictures, etc. and the rest goes bye-bye.
School/locker vomit - hahahha - a very apt image indeed!
When you figure out how to get boys to wash their own clothes, let me know, puhleeze?
I feel your overloaded pain, and I don't have four other people clammoring for my time and attention.
Jesus! What the hell is my excuse then.
That's the lovely part about all things bloggy. We all fall off the face of the earth from time to time, but when we resurface all our old friends are waiting.
I hope things quiet down for you soon.
were you peeking into my window? it sounds like my life! hehehehe I more than feel you pain, I live it!!
Take deep breaths and just do what you can... I am only NOW trying to attack the CVS thing because I am not working now. And it still makes my head explode! UGH! Hang tight - keep riding that bike!!
We had/have 4 kids, they are 21,25,27 and 28...Our "baby" will finish his last year of college in 09...We had 3 toddlers running around most of the time...My wife who is a nurse would sometimes (very often) leave me alone with the babies so she could go to work...(at night no less)Then as our babies were becoming "older younger" children we had our 4th and last one...(last one cause my wife got her tubes tied cause I wouldn't)Seems when I look back at all those happy memories I realize we lived a life of "organized chaos" most of the time...
I cut coupons on Sunday mornings, my wife shops and keeps the house running...We all do the best we can with what we have and then live with it or make changes...
BUSY is somehow just part of parenting...If any of us bothered to check out the "job description/specs" before we applied,(or had that hot nasty sex which got us here in the first place) none of us would have taken the job for any amount of money...My kids for the most part are adults, it NEVER ENDS...
Grin and bear it as often as possible, some help is always appreciated as how much can any one person do...???(or be expected to do...)
Just some "thoughts aloud" from an older guy whose been there and doin that
I'm a few days late here, so I'm back with the nasty cowbirds. Great shots which I fwd'ed on to some fellow backyard birdwatchers. They now truly understand and dislike the cowbird which I previously warned them about! Birds, flowers, and you, are all fine subjects for your photo eye!!
ray223
"Overloaded"? Hmmm. I'm off to buy $15.87 worth of gas at Mobil, so I can "round off" my monthly charge on that account to an even $300.00 this month. On a fixed income it becomes dicier and dicier.
The good part of life is that after three children and 6 grandchildren, we are about to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary with a party run by our kids. So they do grow up, and they do mature, and things get better. You just have to grow "older" to get there. (And by then things start "hurting", but that's a whole 'nother story!)
Hang in there, my beauty. You'll survive this "bump in the road". Rest, relax an recuperate.
And..... you might start thinking of auctioning off a "partially renovated bathroom" on eBay. Who knows, someone might need one! LOL
Oh, btw, she was 19 and I was 22 and we were so lucky to have met each other at that time. Yes people married successfully at those ages (as I think you did).
Life's road is not without "bumps". Hang in there. Rest, relax and have some warm, or passionate, or steamy sex, but by all means get "laid". Sounds like you need it.
But "use" your husband! (any other solution at a fragile time like this would be unwise. Trust me!)
With love,
Sir Moses, knight errant (and unerrant)
I hope things are going well with the organization and the bathroom! And I hope you are well. MDW got her new bike delivered, so I hope to get out and ride!
Ah, the sweet sights and sounds of summer!! And it's really only just begun!! I like the term "locker vomit"; so apt!! So far, in three weeks, we've had four physicals, two eye exams, two dental checkups, and an orthodontic visit. It only gets better and before we know it, it will be time to buy school clothes again!! oh joy!!
Chick: ha, my me time is TOTALLY lazy and self-indulgent. Coupons stay in an envelope on my kitchen counter, unsorted. Someday I might get through them... just in time to throw them all out because they expired.
WBT: My oldest is learning to wash HIS own clothes because he's going to boarding school in less than 2 months and will have to. But he still only does it if I insist. And somehow it's just easier to do it myself. I sort of enjoy the time alone in the basement with no one bugging me and where I can't hear all of their requests for help!
Chanda, I don't see things calming down any time soon, but I AM seeing that I actually have to face the overload a bit more effectively. The last week put me even further behind. (I'll blog about the events of the last week later. I started yesterday but my internet went down and I lost that post).
Nikki, I sure hope your life isn't QUITE as busy as mine has been the past week or two! LOL I'm working to find my sanity, but I'm not holding my breath on it.
Daisy, I've had no time to ride the bike, but I need to go in to work today for a meeting so I think I'm going to try to ride at least that long. I've missed the past 3 yoga classes too, because I just had no time. *sigh*
Rob, somehow I thought toddler time would be busier... and maybe it was, I'm not sure. But looking back, I don't remember this level of craziness! Maybe I just forgot the pain... lol
Ray, glad you enjoyed those pics. I couldn't resist taking the photos, in spite of my irritation at the stupid cowbird. And the worst part is that the mother robin appears to have abandoned the nest since that.
LOL Sir Moses... perhaps if I auction the bathroom, someone might use it as a photo location... hmmmm?
Marvin, nothing much has happened the past week, but that's another story. I really have to dig in and organize now.... I started by going through our "post this on eBay" pile, but it's SOOOO much work. And I screwed up 21 auction listings and made it more work... lol I hope your wife enjoys the new bike and gets to ride it more than I've been able to ride mine!
Jennifer, no kidding... why do we think we can get more done because it's summer now? LOL It's unending!
Post a Comment