Blondie: Yes, I have a myspace account. [proudly] And I even have 4 friends.He laughed again as he mentioned that she has 400 friends. Jenny will be attending his new school too, so I'm glad they are at least somewhat friends. Of course, I don't think Jenny has ever met anyone who isn't a friend.
Me: Is any of them a girl?
Blondie: [laughing] One... Jenny.
So then I did what any parent would do. I asked if I could be his friend too.
Blondie: You have to have a myspace account.We discussed why I had made a myspace account (which I despise) as well as my one friend, conveniently ignoring my request to be his friend. But later, I walked into his room and sat sadly on his bed.
Me: [gives Blondie a "duh" look}
Blondie: You have one?
Me: Yup. And I even have one friend!
Blondie: What???????Yes, I really do make my kid talk to BG on the phone whenever possible. And now I owe her. Because he's not the most social kid on the planet [note the understatement there... lol] and she got him to agree to use IM. AND he's going to be my friend too.
Me: You won't be my friend. [cute pout]
Blondie: I don't have to be your friend. I see you every day.
Me: In a month you won't. In a month you'll be gone. [more cute pouts]
Blondie: Ok. In a month I'll be your friend. [brief pause to think] But then I won't have to use IM.
Me: [silence. trying to think fast.]
Blondie: Oh wait. I guess I do have to. I promised BG on the phone. Ok, I'll use IM too.
Well... he already was, but soon I'll have proof. :)

6 comments:
What a good parent you are!
I've been praying for you. I hope things are going better!
Holy shit!!! I SO rock! You SO rock! We SO rock!
He promised me! Har! I knew I would pummel him into being more scial. Who wouldn't talk to a woman who says 'fuck' every other word...and also does what it is that I do for a living? *cackling*
You give that big lug a hug from me and tell him that when he gets his address at school, it's HIS responsibility to send it to me so care packages can commence! Hooray!
Parenting; AH yes that never ending job we rush into without thinking...
The job that at times leaves you intoxicated with so much joy all you can do is either laugh or cry...
On the other hand there is nothing like the dissapointment of always being exhausted by trying to be everything to everyone...
Parenting these days takes 2 strong able bodied/minded people just to keep up with things...
You think when they get older it gets easier, wrong it just gets more complicated...
Keep in mind that change is in the air once our kids reach a certain point in their lives...You can never go back...
A strong relationship with ones spouse is so very important...Especially when the kids begin to leave...Soon it will be just the 2 of you alone, together...
I see myself as no better than most and maybe not even as good as some but I am who I am...Even I wonder at times who that is...
A tired old dad of 4...
Rob
I'm a Facebooker myself and I have 27 friends!! But i only actually know three of them!
I so won't let my mom be my friend on myspace or facebook. Heh she made an account on both of them, and uses them to "watch" people that she doesn't like, as well as to figure out what the hell I'm doing with my life. So I purposely locked down my profiles and keep my "status" messages somewhat cryptic or generalized.
Marvin, I'm doing ok, just way too busy. Hopefully we get stuff done in the next month and then can relax a bit. I hope.
LOL BG, you do fucking rock! But if you wanna IM him, you'll have to get AIM because his computer came with ichat and I don't see him getting anything else installed. I still have to get him to set up a profile. He did smile at the mention of care packages though. :)
Rob, I can't imagine how a single parent does it. I truly can't. It's fun but nonstop exhausting too.
Jennifer, I can't do that. I get po'd when people want to be my friend and I don't know them! But I do have 3 friends on myspace now!
Melissa, it's different when you're an adult I think. But I AM a bit surprised (and happy) that he let me in. I have to doubt that he'd let the hubby... LOL
Post a Comment