
Last night was way too long. It lasted all night. Until 6:45 this morning. We hung sheetrock in the previously mentioned bathroom. The plaster guy arrived at 8:00 this morning to tape & mud it, so we had to keep going.
Around 11:00, Blondie said if he had to stay up and work, he needed cookies. So I thawed out a half-tub of that pre-mixed chocolate chip cookie dough and started baking. By the time it thawed enough to scoop, I was beginning to get a bit of a sugar rush. After all, you have to attempt to scoop it to see if it's thawed enough to scoop. And then you have to do something with the little scoop fragments that weren't thawed enough.
Right?
Somewhere close to 12:30 the first cookies were finished. As my slave laborers made their way through the kitchen in search of another chunk of sheetrock, I gleefully shared my newest literary creation.
Looky, looky,Doober was so impressed at my poetic prowess, that he called me into his bedroom to show me the above image. I'm not sure if I giggled because of the graphic or because of sleep deprivation and a sugar rush.
I made a cookie!
Soon after I sent him & The Pumpkin to bed. For about the 5th time. This time it worked.
At about 4:00, The Pumpkin came out of her room, grumping. "You're keeping me awake with that noise. Do you know what time it is?"
I was less than sympathetic. If I can't sleep, why should she get to? My husband sent her to sleep on the living room couch, but not before muttering some choice words under his breath.
Somewhere around 5:00, I sent Blondie to bed. He was sleeping on the plaster-dust covered rugs outside the bathroom door. I measured & cut the last large piece of sheetrock, and woke him up long enough to help the hubby carry it. Then he was sent to the shower & bed.
I didn't get that luxury. But sometimes we must suffer in the name of progress. It's sort of like suffering for our art, but way less fun.

8 comments:
I have learned to hate drywalling, but it's easier than tile. You guys sure are handy!
Yay! The sheetrock is hung and the plaster guy came! You're on the way now!
Yeah, I don't know what else you could do with bits of dough, besides eat them - whoo! sugar rush in the wee hours! You're my kind of vampire baby!
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Labor in the wee hours of the morning!
I'm all about a sugar rush if it means surviving Sheet Rock Night.
Love that Blondie was sleeping on the rug. He slays me!
My ass is dragging. I dug sod and soil until 10pm last night and did that and more mulching for three hours this morning. My sister and Mom had better say nice things about this landscaping stuff!
Holy home improvement! I have a bathroom that needs gutting too. Perhaps you could take your show on the road. Kind of like a remodeling Partridge Family.
Can't wait to see the finished project, we expect pictures! :)
Your Mantra... "It will all be worth it in the end". Repeat. Over and over and over again. It will be - you'll see...
Rock and mud done, now comes the sanding to make things as smooth as a freshly shaved pussy...A little paint, some decorations, a fixture here, a new bowl there...Don't forget that new seat to set your little tush upon...
Been there done too much of that, but the finished product was always worth the work and wait...
Here, there and everywhere,
Rob
I want a cookie.
I agree, I want a cookie too!
I'm going to have to steal that graphic to send to someone tmrw morning...hehe.
Atleast you're making progress! :) Yay!
And you're not the only one doing so. Someone I know is redoing his house - putting in a walk-out basement, with a garage for working on his motorcycles, putting on a deck, room for a hot tub (teehee), and a whole new kitchen(which is done already) etc. This evening he started on ripping apart the main bathroom. I've got him convinced that if there is room to put a garden tub in there, since he's got a quarter-of-a-cubicle sized shower... Anyway, I'm proud of you for finally getting to the bathroom...
BTW - hows that "housetobeforsale" site going? :P Hubby still got that idea in his head? LOL
Post a Comment