Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why I am MIA

Our bathroom is underway.

Yes, after only 11 months of it being totally gutted, we are finally making a little progress on it. Of course, it's been two steps forward and one step back most of the way, but I guess that's better than closing the door forever on the gutted room, and just pretending that it's normal to have stacks of boxes and rubbermaid tubs full of bathroom supplies stored on the landing area at the top of the stairs.

What? Doesn't everyone do that?

At least we do still have a bathroom. A tiny little one, wedged into a corner of the downstairs, as far as possible from our bed.

Unless you count the basement. A bathroom in the basement would be farther to walk at 3 am. Walking up and down two flights of stairs instead of one in the dark would provide countless additional interesting nighttime hallucinations of spiders and mice.

Sheesh, now I feel so deprived, only getting to walk down one flight of stairs.

Maybe if I get up to pee twice a night, I can skip exercising during the day.

Ya think?

4 comments:

Marvin said...

Do you feel Martian willpower, buoying you up and moving you toward your goal? You should. ;-) I am glad you're making progress!

Get8More said...

NOW That one made me LAUGH!!! All too familiar around here.

Mouthy Girl said...

Nothing like making progress on home improvement, huh?

I bought a ton of things at a country nursery today. You would have DIED! For real. The place was such a find! Hippi Chick found it.

We walked my property today to discuss plans for the new shipment from my new supplies *snicker* as well as the new purchases today. CANNOT WAIT!

Get the Supreme Dictator working!

we_be_toys said...

Oy! I know whereof you speak! You start that remodel thinking, "we can do this!", and six months, or eleven months later, that simple remodel job becomes the mother-in-law who came to dinner and never left.

Go girl! Get that bathroom done! The late night exercise isn't worth the hallucinations or the sprained ankle from falling down the stairs, due to being chased by imaginary spiders.