Wednesday, August 27, 2008

venting

Ok, now I am even more pissed off.

ASD (short for Almighty Supreme Dictator, aka the hubby) just called. He rescheduled the realtor appointment to 3:00 this afternoon without asking me (I had scheduled it for 11:00 this morning), and called to tell me the new appointment time.

I know the house is a mess, but I told him all three times when he tried to change it yesterday that it had to be today or the open house on Sunday was canceled. The realtor needs his time to do the appraisal. It's not my fault that he can't seem to stay focused enough to meet his own deadlines.

The second and third times he called me yesterday to try to get the realtor's phone number to change it, I told him no, and explained why. When he wouldn't listen to me, I hung up on him. He hates when I hang up on him, but I don't see why I need to listen to his sermons if he refuses to listen to me.

Seems fair to me.

So I planned my day around the realtor's appointment... took the entire day off work to clean. The morning prior to his ORIGINAL appointment was to get the boxes of clutter that we've been packing up organized & moved out, and do some basic sweeping.

And once he was gone, I had scheduled for the mother-in-law to come over to help do some heavier cleaning... wash curtains, take down light fixture globes & wash them, wash walls & woodwork, etc.

So now, without even asking me, he rescheduled the realtor to come at a time that will be right in the middle of my heavy cleaning. And when I complained, he told me he'd come home and help me clean before the realtor gets here.

I do not want him helping me clean. I don't even want him in my HOUSE right now.

He had planned to powerwash the house today. Of course, he's been trying to accomplish that since Saturday and still hasn't done more than the garage. With all of the crap lying around, he thinks the most important thing is to powerwash the house.

And now he is going to come home and help me clean instead????? This was MY job. and dammit I had it well under control.

He can't seem to do his own jobs but he has to do MINE???

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4 comments:

we_be_toys said...

Oh girl, I'm feeling you. Husbands - when they get it into their damn stubborn heads that they're in charge, it always ends badly. Every time I relent and listen to my personal boob, I regret it. When he tells ME how it's going to be, I go on strike.I am the organized one, not him. Besides, what's the hurry? It's not like August or even September is a peak house selling month - ask the realtor.

I am so on your side honey - I'm pissed at your hubby, just reading this! Give him hell!

Oh, just had a chilling thought - is the realtor a man as well?

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Men, can't live with em, pass the beer nuts.

It's posts like these that sort of make me glad I don't have one to muck it up with (sort of).

Hang in there. Once he's figured out he screwed up, there might be some guilt goodies in the mix. Or is that just in the movies?

Mouthy Girl said...

He needs to be smacked upside the head.

You already know how I feel about this crap.

My day sucked, and knowing that you're dealing with HIS crap as well as all of your own - fuck it. I'm pissed to high heaven now.

Wish I could come over and badger him for a few minutes. Ya know - just for shits and giggles.

Marvin said...

I think there's some communication issues here somewhere. I can smell them, like something moldy in the refrigerator.

Did you change your blog layout? It's very pretty.