Friday, September 05, 2008

Well hang me by my ankles & call me a wench!


I know my birthday is past. Several weeks past. But last night I got my birthday gift.

To be honest, I've had it since May when we bought it, but I haven't really HAD it since it was sitting in the box waiting to be assembled. We never planned to assemble it then... but it was on clearance for about $80, a price good enough to cause us to store it for a while.

So it sat in the box.

Until last night, when Doober & the hub decided to put it together to surprise me. But I ruined the surprise by going into the basement to ask them a question and found them surrounded by pipes, bolts, and rubber bumpers (but no baby buggies, fortunately).

So now I am happily hanging by my ankles.

Between that and my new mattress, my back may yet heal!

And if not, you can all laugh at how silly I probably look. :)

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Sounds fantastic! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

You make it sound a lot more fun than it seemed when I tried one!

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Happy belated birthday! Wasn't that nice of the hub man. Enjoy the new toy. (Can you really call an impliment of torture a toy?).

Marvin said...

How nice!!! If it makes your back feel better, it doesn't matter how odd it looks.

Anonymous said...

Hey ya Wench ;)
Getting a little wild hanging by those lovely ankles aren't you? If it helps, I say go for it. I do hope it does. Feel better and take care of yourself. Love your humor and writing and will always be a fan!!
Hugssss
KYCM

Jennifer said...

Wow, it doesn't take much to make you happy at all!!! Happy belated birthday!!

Zephyr said...

Daisy, I think it's really gonna help. I'm pretty psyched!

Hehe dsfoa, it gets REALLY fun when you have to hold your temples in so your head doesn't explode!

Chanda, I think an implement of torture can only be called a toy if you enjoy torture. ;)

Marvin, I just have to make sure no one photographs me because I can't get off of it fast enough to chase them down & hurt them!

Ha KYCM I knew someone would actually call me a wench.

See Jennifer? I'm really NOT high maintenance! :)

we_be_toys said...

Happy belated Birthday honey - glad to hear your back may be making a comeback - wasn't the hubman a sweetie to put your rack- er exercise machine, together?!

I can't say I would be as happy, but I'm tickled for you!