Lately my life has been so focused on everything regarding the divorce that I've almost forgotten anything else.
I have to remind myself of what date it is, and try to remember if I paid the bills due this time of the month. I have tasks to take care of for the after-prom event that the parents organization is putting together for Doober's school. My 30th class reunion is coming up shortly, and I haven't even had time to think about it, let alone worry about getting my hair trimmed & dyed so I can try to fool all of the people who know EXACTLY how old I am.
I've forgotten to do things that I love too... except read. Reading is my escape. If I want to forget everything, I can just go upstairs to the boys' room (where I am now living until I get possession of my house), lay on the bed, and lose myself in someone else's imaginary life. In just the past few weeks, I finished this month's book club selection, and book club doesn't meet until April 15. I met Stephanie Plum for the first time. And I experienced a new genre from a favorite author.
And I've dreamed about doing other things that I love soon, once I have my new house to do them in.
I will live.
I have to remind myself of what date it is, and try to remember if I paid the bills due this time of the month. I have tasks to take care of for the after-prom event that the parents organization is putting together for Doober's school. My 30th class reunion is coming up shortly, and I haven't even had time to think about it, let alone worry about getting my hair trimmed & dyed so I can try to fool all of the people who know EXACTLY how old I am.
I've forgotten to do things that I love too... except read. Reading is my escape. If I want to forget everything, I can just go upstairs to the boys' room (where I am now living until I get possession of my house), lay on the bed, and lose myself in someone else's imaginary life. In just the past few weeks, I finished this month's book club selection, and book club doesn't meet until April 15. I met Stephanie Plum for the first time. And I experienced a new genre from a favorite author.
And I've dreamed about doing other things that I love soon, once I have my new house to do them in.
- I will go to auctions again, to furnish my house in the eclectic style that I love.
- I will peruse perennial and bulb catalogs, and nearby greenhouses, to turn my new yard into the sanctuary that I want it to be.
- I will set up my rubber stamping supplies and play with them.
- I will sort my photos, and maybe even get into scrapbooking to do something with them.
- I will make the Pumpkin's baby quilt... the one I bought supplies for when she was an infant and drew out the pattern, but never had time to make. (Fortunately since she is now almost 15, it's a pattern that isn't at all infantile... a combination of broken star and log cabin, so it will make a good wall hanging or lap quilt.)
- I will put out our jewelry-making supplies and paint and all sorts of other craft items and the Pumpkin and I will just get to play.
I will live.
5 comments:
I will be needing some beta-readers for my novel of Greek Mythology sometime in the future… are you game to give it a try?
I am on Chapter 19 of an expected 26 chapter book so I am getting close to the end of my first draft. Hell, it has only taken me ten years to get this far… so what is a couple of more years give or take!
Marty, I'm certainly willing to check it out. :) I love reading, and I'm actually a pretty good editor too in case that ability is needed as well.
Without a doubt editing will be needed… I plan to send all manuscripts out with a red pen attached. :D
Freedom! That sounds so fun I cannot wait until you can move.
Amber.. that makes two of us. Three, if you count my daughter, because she can't wait to help decorate her room, etc. She's already got our craft room planned out!
Post a Comment