I bought myself a Kindle today... the 3G/Wireless one. Amazon has it through tomorrow with a free $25 gift card. And that'll buy me a few books. :)
I don't know if I'll like it or not... I adore books, and there's just something special about holding one and turning the pages. My new house has a library that will probably be overflowing as soon as I have time to wash off the shelves and carry the boxes of books from storage to the house. If I like a book that I own, I will never part with it. Those I love, I'll read multiple times. Even if I don't like a book, I usually feel some sort of perverse obligation to finish it. There are very few books that I've ever not finished once I started reading them.
But the idea of having dozens of books with me in my purse at any time... of being able to just download another one when I finish this one... I gotta admit that it's got some appeal.
So, assuming that my oldest son won't even remember mother's day, my younger son won't be home for another several weeks, and my daughter might make me a nice card with a hand-written poem in it, I decided I'd just buy myself a gift. :)
Sometimes for things to get done right, you just have to do them yourself. And that includes gifts.
2 comments:
Happy mother's Day! M is in the same boat - the oldest son works and the youngest probably to possibly. The daughter will remember though...
Well my daughter bought me two carnations from a sale @ school, my middle son sent me a happy mother's day message on facebook, and my oldest volunteered to carry boxes to my basement and helped put together my ping pong table & inversion table.
So all-in-all, a very nice day. :)
Post a Comment