Monday, July 18, 2011

Open your eyes

I realized a while back that I went to church weekly, and left without having a clue what the minister said. I went through the motions but got nothing out of it, and gave nothing to it either.

Well, I vigorously (usually) sang my tenor part in the hymns. But that was about it.

So over the winter when I was struggling so hard to figure out what to do with my marriage, I began each service with a prayer, asking that I would hear one thing that God wanted me to hear. And oddly... I did. Every time, I got a message... some of the more memorable ones were:
And a week ago, the message was one I hadn't considered before: that I need to make that request daily, not weekly. God has a message for us every day... something new we can learn... a different way to see things. It doesn't just come from a church service.

And all we have to do is ask, and then open our eyes to that message.

No comments: