The rundown on gifts:
I got:
- silver heart bracelet from my daughter
- hanging decoration thing (rather indescribable but interesting) from son #1
- "cookie mix jar" and peppermint candy earrings from son #2
- DVD from myself... I bought it for myself, and hubby wrapped it anyway
- a knife set still waiting to arrive... I guess TV infomercials work! The kids convinced hubby to order it.
Daughter loved her clothes, and played happily with the magnetix set her brother got her. (If you have kids, check those out... they're really cool. My kids love them!) And she squealed at the marshmallow gun from her other brother.
Son #2 immediately had to listen to his CD player & the new CD I burned him from his request list. I spent most of yesterday online trying to find the songs on his list, and I found all but two of them.
Son #1 was thrilled with his box full of mini Almond Joy bars and cash. He loved the CD of mpegs that I burned him so that he could change out the songs on his mp3 player when he wants to. And my daughter and I put some that he'd been wanting on the mp3 player for him. And he ate half of the jar of cherries already!
And then all 3 kids had a nice marshmallow gun war while hubby & I took a nap (or tried... it DID get rather loud!) I wonder how many marshmallows are lying around the house!
It was a fun, relaxing day so far... hubby is STILL napping, but not for long. Another 10 minutes, then off to grandmother's house we go.
Hope you all had a great day too!
6 comments:
Sounds like a great day Lara, it's great to see the smiles and excitement on the kids faces.
What movie DVD did you get? tearjerker, comedy,drama, suspense, romance..just curious as to what you like.
I got a Korg Wavestation software synthesizer for my computer.
pair of slippers, nice pullover shirt and a TRIPOD...already used it...heh heh heh
LOL won't ask what you used the tripod for!
I bought myself "The sisterhood of the traveling pants" - I heard it's good, but don't really know much about it. Got "Patriot Games" and "Clear & Present Danger" for hubby & son #1 because I love Tom Clancy books and they would like the action in the movies. Still gonna go back and get "Hunt for Red October"... I passed that one up because we'd already seen it, but hubby wants it too.
Merry X-mas Lara and thanks for keeping a marvelous blog to share.
Hum - yes Tom Clancy. I’m presently reading Clancy’s "Executive orders" a 1200 something pages. Now that’s a mouthful.
Your resent blogs about your childhood memories were very moving because they were so true. I remember those days when Christmas wasn’t so commercialized as it is today.
I am so happy you had a nice normal Christmas with the fmaily. Reading a few of the blogs out there I realize how truely blessed I have been. Oh well, take care, enjoy you movie (I want to see that myself) and make sure you take out a moment or two to smell the roses. Times are always changing. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Happy Boxing Day!
I'm not sure if I read that one or not PSD... I'm sure I have it but there are a few I haven't gotten to that I bought a while back.
I agree Barman... seeing other people's problems really does help us realize how blessed we are. I'm fresh out of roses, but I'll try to find something to smell. :)
hey lara, did that software i sent you help at all?
Post a Comment