Friday, April 18, 2008

Damn. I want one too!

This morning I was lying in bed, ignoring the fact that I should be getting kids up for school. In walked my daughter.
Daughter: Mom? This morning I woke up at 5:30.

Me: Yeah, it was probably because the phone rang. Someone called and didn't talk when I answered.


Daughter: No, my alarm went off. I was just listening to the radio because I was too lazy to turn it off, but my bed started vibrating.

Me: Vibrating?


Daughter: Yeah, and then I turned off the alarm, and it vibrated a little more and then stopped.

Me: Wow. And you didn't even have to put a quarter in it?

Edit: For those who wondered why I bought my daughter a vibrating bed. Really, I didn't. Now stop dialing the CPS number please.

14 comments:

SignGurl said...

Ahahaha!!! I thought my husband was rocking my world when my bed shook this morning! The Earth moved me instead of him.

Zephyr said...

LOL Yeah I didn't know what was going on until BuddhaGirl caught me on Yahoo this morning after my carpool run to ask me about the earthquake!

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

Hey, where can a girl get one of those alarm clocks?

we_be_toys said...

I was going to say - how/why did yoyur daughter's bed start shaking? Either you bought a vibrator bed from a defunct hotel (and didn't know it) or there was an earthquake.
Sort of relieved to hear it was an earthquake, though I was also going to ask where you got the bed!!!

Zephyr said...

Chanda - I don't know, but I want a couple of them! LOL

We_be_toys (mind if I just call you WBT? those underlines in your name always catch me!), I realized after I finished the post that I hadn't explained WHY it was vibrating! Maybe I should go back and edit it... but it's kinda funnier to just read the conversation as it happened.

cadbury_vw said...

i was hoping you bought your daughter a vibrating bed

that would be really progressive ;-P

Zephyr said...

HA Cadbury. I'm not all that progressive, really! LOL

barman said...

Wow I have never felt a quake at home. I was at work on the top floor (10th) in a building in Detroit when I felt one and was none to happy. Buildings are not suppose to sway! The other was at the Tiger Stadium ballpark years ago during a Tiger baseball game. The park suddenly got quiet and no one said a thing for several moments. I did not find out until afterwards when I was headed home what had happened. I guess I was tired since I know people in my neck of the woods felt this quake. I just slept through it.

Zephyr said...

Barman, I was awake (kind of) and still didn't notice it. Once I really woke up, I had to wonder where the quarter comment came from, but at the time it just came out without thought!

barman said...

Funny thing about the quarter comment, I have seen those type of beds before and even tried to get one of them to do their thing once but I never have been on an actual working one. Now of course you can get Lazboys that can do just as good of job (so I am told).

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we didn't feel the earthquake, I guess we're right near the fault line and everything. Perhaps we've been married too long.

Zephyr said...

Maggie, if you're not feeling the earth shake any more, perhaps you really should buy a vibrating bed. And I'd be glad to send a roll of quarters, just to help out. :)

Anonymous said...

I got a call at 4am PST from my wife about the earthquake. I was so pissed. I've missed the last two, because I've been out of town. They never seem to happen when I'm home. :(

Zephyr said...

LOL M@ some people would be RELIEVED to miss an earthquake. But actually, I was home and missed FEELING the last two!