Thursday, April 28, 2011

Once again

I pissed off a friend last night.

I still think he overreacted and didn't really look at my side of things.  He still thinks he's totally right.

I am not yet able to deal with people who insist they are totally right.  I've been the wrong one for too many years... I'm not able to accept that role.  No one is ever totally right.

So while he talked, I shook.  Violently.  Tears rolled down my cheeks.  I wrapped up in a blanket, hugged myself, and shivered.

I'm not sure whether I was headed toward a panic attack or an emotional shutdown... I just knew I couldn't listen to him tell me about how and why I was wrong.

So I closed our chat and decided to hibernate.

When I can't deal with other people, I think it's best to just focus on myself.  At least then, regardless of which side I take, I can still be right... even when I'm wrong.

One step forward... two steps back.

4 comments:

Richard said...

No! Two steps forward - one step back! You are getting better!

Zephyr said...

It didn't FEEL like it was better last night. But perhaps the fact that I didn't totally shut down and go numb was better... I don't really know.

Richard said...

Chin up - its a new day!

Sharon Rose said...

Just keep dancing, baby girl! You are doing well!