Monday, June 27, 2011

Herpes and other random rashes

My oldest son refused to hug me this weekend.

Saturday, I stopped by my ex's place to drop off some stuff (yes, as a side-note, he is an ex now... I learned last week that the divorce was final a week or so ago; I'm still not sure of the exact date) and to try to get some of my files off of his computer. Blondie was outside raking. And when I asked for a hug, he looked down at my poison-ivy-laden arms and muttered something about leprosy.

Last night, I dropped Pumpkin and Doober off for their week with the ex. And I asked Blondie if he was still going to refuse me a hug. He asked if I still had leprosy. I said I thought it was herpes, not leprosy.

I still didn't get a hug.

In other news, I had a fight with my resident poison ivy plant. I paired up with my good buddy, Roundup. Poison ivy is looking a bit under-the-weather now, but I'm not positive whether I can declare victory yet. But at least he has a few roots in the grave.

3 comments:

jmburton said...

burn baby burn!

Richard said...

Just keep cutting it. You will kill it eventually.

Sage said...

The leaves have brown edges but it still appears alive. I will make a second attempt when I get back from vacation. That baby's gonna DIE!