
So apparently I have agreed to take in 7 cats... well 1 cat and 6 kittens to be more accurate.
I wanted to adopt one cute kitten... preferably calico, one with lots of colors like that cutie above... but then Moo got herself pregnant. Yes, I know that immaculate conceptions don't occur on a regular basis, so I'm sure that some other feline was involved, but she's the one who ended up waddling when she's barely a year old herself.
See... Moo is this adorable stray that appeared at my almost-ex's place last fall, along with Bee and Mindy who were probably her siblings. Moo is a tiny white female with a black face and a few black spots (like a cow - hence her name) who seems to want to be an indoor cat. She used to climb the screen on the storm door and hang there looking in at us. She'd sit outside the door and wait for it to open and then peek in, perhaps hoping to get a chance to check out where we keep disappearing to. She liked to be petted, and even let us pick her up. So hopefully once she is indoors, she'll adjust fairly quickly. Bee is (was? He seems to have disappeared now) gray tiger-striped male who loved to have his belly scratched once he tamed up a bit. And Mindy is gorgeous... white with a gray face, a delicate pink nose, and the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen... but she never tamed enough to let us touch her.
My daughter and I started to feed them because we couldn't bear to see them go hungry during the winter. They spent the first part of the winter sleeping under the front porch, until they got too big to fit through the lattice. Then they moved to the neighbor's decrepit garage. He kindly kept the door open slightly so they had a place to get away from the cold. So it makes sense that Moo would choose his garage as the place to have her kittens.
Which my daughter named Whinny, Oink, Woof, Ribbit, Baa, and Meow. And I have apparently agreed to take in until we can find new homes for most of them, thus giving up the cute calico kitty I planned to find.
No comments:
Post a Comment