Tuesday, March 08, 2011

On a positive note...

It looks like I got the house. Closing according to the offer, will be April 15, with possession at midnight April 16.

Assuming we can get a financial settlement in place by then. He seems to be intentionally undervaluing assets (big surprise?) so there will probably need to be a few independent appraisals and some negotiation.

So... not much over a month to go if all goes well, and then I should be able to breathe again.

3 comments:

Gentle Man said...

Our breaths are baited while we wish and hope and pray it'll all work out in favor of the life you deserve.

It'll be difficult. Things rarely go as planned. Sometimes they go better.

He'll be hoping for that third strike and inventing it, if you don't offer it up.

It is not a time for emotion.

Marty said...

April 15... hasn't that always been an eventful day for you?

Zephyr said...

Gentle Man, I find it interesting that he considers my "strikes" to be those same things that I consider to be standing up for myself for the first time in 25 years. So I wouldn't be all that surprised to find a few more strikes attributed to me by him.

Marty... it was mostly a feared day! But taxes are done (by an accountant) and in the mail, as of today. So I feel amazingly free (other than knowing all of the crap I have to deal with yet). I can't wait until I really AM free.